“Heads up.... if you want a jetted tub room!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores

Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Kent, Washington
“Heads up.... if you want a jetted tub room!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Having stayed here before and enjoyed it; we thought we would book a jetted tub room for our anniversary. Once we opened up the door to our room we looked and looked for the jetted tub that we paid a few extra bucks for. Imagine our surprise when the jetted tub room was actually the BATHTUB. We were greatly disappointed. Next time I will save the extra money and use the community jetted tub (jacuzzi) that is near the pool downstairs.

Other than that the weekend was great. As others have stated the hotel is starting to show wear and tear, water stains on the doors, sliding closet doors that don't slide, older non flat screen tvs, creaky bed frame (only when you sit on the right side). Had a great breakfast both mornings, only got $2 off for each of us tho. It was nice that we could order what we wanted.

Yes we will be back but in a regular room and also because they are cheaper than an other hotel we have stayed at previously.

Room Tip: Don't book a jetted tub room unless you want a bathtub with jets.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Decemberborn
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Decemberborn,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your anniversary weekend with us in spite of your disappointment with the jetted tub that was in your room. We look forward to your next stay with us.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Ocean Shores, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

Learned a big lesson by Booking with a sales rep from Expedia. Hate to be negative but this is what happened. I called Expedia and asked questions. I was pissed from the gate in this experience.This Expedia guy told me the first floor had a fenced private patio for dogs. He said his guess would be that we were 200 feet from the ocean, we could warm up by the fire place, and the view was great. This guy answered every question to sell only. Anyway, The view is not what I asked for, you have to be up above the first floor to see the ocean.The Ocean is about 2000 feet way not 200.There is Not a fenced patio, just a door and a chair outside of it.The fire place was just for show, NOT warmth.Then I felt during check in they were under staffed. Had to have husband and 3 dogs wait in car for about 30 minutes and no one even offered to help bring in our stuff. We booked Friday - Monday, 2 people and 3 dogs so lot's of stuff. After we got to our room we unpacked, filled our refrig. and found out the heater in the room didn't work. They offered us another room but heck, we just came from a long drive with 3 dogs and unpacked a ton of stuff. They fixed the heat it but it brook down again. Cold all night, then they replaced the heater. Sorry to gripe, but Expedia was VERY miss leading. The hotel staff was very nice, great service from Chris B. in the restaurant. GM Nikki and her staff was very nice along with Mike Smith which they gave us a 50 dinner card and was appreciated. At first I wanted my money back but the hotel said I had to go through Expedia which again wasn't happy about. I just wanted to experience what I was told. Oh and our bed slopped down on each side. If we did not have so much stuff and our dogs we would of moved. Probably would not come back unless it was on Expedia.

Room Tip: Ask GM not Expedia
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry that the heater in your room malfunctioned, but we are happy that we could make it up to you with a complimentary dinner, and we also waived your pet fees as a gesture of hospitality to let you know that you are a valued guest. We hope the rest of your stay was a lovely one and that you will visit us again soon.

Ocean Shores, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

I booked the Shilo Inn at Ocean Shores WA. I was pissed when the damn on-line booking (I don't recommend using any of them now) instead go to http://shiloinns.com/ and book it yourself. Some punk on the booking site that seemed to do all Ocean Shores said we couldn't bring dogs. My wife has a service dog we had to kennel for a week and think that darn company should at least comp us for a night stay as a result of this! Shilo Inn policy is dogs are ok!

Other than than, the facility itself exceeded my expectations. VERY clean and organized. Gabriel M was our waiter for the week serving complimentary breakfasts for us. Amazing menu. I thought it would be your usual boring, unfilling "continental breakfast" which you know sucks. This was well done breakfast with multiple selections. I was all-in on the mushroom omelet and hash browns. The biscuits and gravey weren't bad either!

Shout out to Katrina on the 4th floor too. Nice lady, nice job on housekeeping our room.

Mike, who I think is the GM helped in the restuarant/bar over New Years and certainly is the right guy for the job. Very friendly and made us feel at home.

My future return trips to Ocean Shores will be here at the Shilo...but I will book on their own site and not use the internet search results to book.

Room Tip: Oh, get the top floor-the 4th floor as the view is great from there! These rooms are suits with fire...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Tim,

Thank you so much for your great review. We are really pleased that we met and exceeded your expectations. We are sorry that it wasn’t’ communicated to you that we are a “dog friendly” hotel, but now that you know, we look forward to welcoming you back, with your dog the next time you stay. I will share your comments with Mike Smith, our Restaurant General Manager, and I’m sure he will be pleased.

Port Hadlock, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and i booked two nights over thanksgiving. The room was awesome.
The room sevice was fast and the food was hot. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear DK_Johnson64,

Thank you for your stay with us on Thanksgiving. We love to have our guests enjoy the holidays with us. We hope to see you at Christmas.

White Salmon, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Wife and I stayed on second floor, tv in every room. Literally every room. The fireplace was a nice touch, especially with the stormy weather and the mini suite was very nice. Lots of room in the room! Staff was great, view was great and we are hoping to come back this month for another short weekend getaway. We enjoyed the pool, sauna and hot tub.

Dear Jason,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are always glad to know that our guests enjoy their stay with us. We are happy that all of the facilities met with your approval, and we hope to see you again very soon.

Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

The hotel was beautiful and sooo clean! I hadn't been to this hotel in quite a few years and I was totally blown away by how different it is under the new general manager. It was nice before but now... the cleanliness blows this perfectionist's socks off! The beds were wonderful, the staff was so friendly, every single person working there had a smile was always up for conversation, even the late night staff. We stayed in a first floor room which was great because we brought our pup along and the first floor rooms have personal back doors leading out to a very clean area to walk your dog, and the beach is right there! I've stayed at other Shilo hotels before because it's always a great value but I can now confidently say the Shilo in Ocean Shores is the best! We ate breakfast in the restaurant and the service and food was excellent, my coffee cup never ran low :) Thanks Shilo! I'll be back!

Room Tip: As far as I could tell, all of the rooms face the ocean so you'll always have a great view. It r...
Dear Kori,

Thank you so much for your great positive review. Cleanliness and the comfort of our guests is number 1 in importance to us, and we are glad we didn’t let you down. So pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Lyle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

My husband and family stayed at the Shilo Ocean Shores over Thanksgiving and I was so impressed with how really personable, and professional the staff was. The rooms and bathrooms were impeccably clean and tidy. The atmosphere of relaxation was the best part though. Everything was taken care of, everything was in good working order, rooms were big and the beds very comfortable, and the wonderful staff, especially the Front desk, Housekeeping and Patrick, who had all the information on Clam digging and made a wonderful pot of coffee to go with his fantastic personality and personable conversation. I would actually like to come and live there, but its too far from home. Bless the Shilo at Ocean Shores and thank you all for working with such great attitudes over the Holiday weekend.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are great, my family had three different styles. A king, a double queen on the...
Dear Michelle,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful Shilo experience. Thank you as well for spending your family Thanksgiving Holiday with us. We feel that cleanliness is so important to providing a great guest experience, as is the warmth and friendly helpful attitudes of our team members. I will certainly share you Kudos with Patrick, and I agree with you, he is a delightful person, and so good at guest service. We look forward to your next visit with us.