“Amazing!!”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Yakima
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We loved it everyone was so kind and friendly and helpful. Muriel checked us in friendly and fast she was such a doll. We were catered to the staff were so helpful in letting us know where to take the children to have a good time, the children loved it were planning for our next stay, we had a blast.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Familiaroman,
Thank you for letting us know that your experience here was a great one. I will let Muriel know that she was helpful to you. We are so happy that the children loved it here. We look forward to your next visit with us. Nikki Hoggan, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great place to stay ,great pool and fish tank and the Restaurant has great food and severs ask for Chris B section and say hi to " Mike ". They let us park are bikes BMW/KTM under cover by the front door out of the weather. Great Veterans discount !!
thanks
WE WILL BE BACK
GS

Room Tip: 423 great sunset
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank G W
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites - Ocean Shores, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear GW,
Thank you for your kind review and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your thoughts with Chris and Mike to encourage them to keep up the excellent work. We look forward to seeing you again.
Poulsbo, Washington
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My friend and I stayed here last weekend. The room was spacious and had a great view of the beach and the ocean. The Decor is shabby and could use an update from the mid eighties color scheme. It is right in the middle of things as far as beach and town activities are concerned.
Positives:
I had an unexpected business issue come up and had to send a large fax. The front desk staff was pleasant and helpful with this. (Special kudos to Sarah!)
We had a toilet that was running water a little and it was fixed quickly and effectively when brought to the attention of the hotel staff.
There is a large lounge area where fresh coffee is available in the morning.
The indoor pool is a definite plus.
The sculptures in the lobby are nice.
The Large fish tank is enjoyable.
The lobby also features an unusual collection of large scale model sailing ships.
In fact the lobby is worth a short visit even if you are not staying at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Orcamike,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts about your stay with us. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our beautiful lobby, with the ships, sculptures, fresh hot coffee, and the huge aquarium. I will share your Kudos with Sarah.
Spokane
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We were rescued by the Shilo Inn after having a terrible room at a nearby Inn. The rooms, staff and experience was very nice! We had a lovely ocean view, a clean comfortable room, a nice balcony, and a nice stay. Great location and unbelievable value!

• Stayed June 2014
Dear HappyFFs,
We are very pleased that we could help you enjoy your stay in Ocean Shores. We do have a wonderful staff that is always ready to be of service to our guests. Our rooms with ocean view balconies are especially nice and we like that you appreciate the value. Please visit us again soon.
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I've been staying at the Shilo Ocean Shores, WA for the past 15 years after we sold our condo further down the beach. I've invested 10's of thousands of dollars into the corporate bottom line and The Shilo Ocean Shores is one of the reasons I've stayed at 5-Star hotels all over the world, so I kind of know the score. I know what "is", and what "isn't". I have few illusions about the accommodations on the Washington State coast.

From the first day until today -- the Shilo has provided great service, good accommodations, and a solid staff.that tries to meet your requests and make the stay a pleasant one. The property is well maintained, and while it could use a little "update" when it comes to chairs, mattresses, and couches, overall it is way above average.

A couple of people on the staff stick out:

1. Rick -- a.k.a. "The Rickster" -- he's one of the bartenders. He's ALWAYS pleasant and tries to make your visit to the lounge a positive experience.
2. Leeann -- the front desk manager. She's been a BIG help to us over the years and is a kind, decent, and generous person. She's much beyond what is required of a "front desk manager" when it comes to making the customer happy.
3. Mike -- the Food & Beverage guy. He's a welcome addition to the staff over the past year or so -- and a huge improvement over his predecessor.
4. Chuck McPherson (?) -- the main (I believe) maintenance guy. He's been around the Shilo for several years, and I hope Shilo-Corporate knows what a quality individual they have in "Chuck". He's always willing to go the extra mile and make sure the customer is satisfied. I flew in the Navy and the Airlines ... and if CHUCK had been my plane captain/maintenance chief, my planes would have always been "up" or we'd have know the reason why. If the Shilo ever lets him go -- they're making a big mistake.

Overall -- the Shilo Ocean Shores, WA is a great place and a good place to stay. Just please don't do it while I'm trying to stay there ... just kidding. .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Will D,
It was so entertaining reading your review! We are so happy that you have been visiting us for the past 15 years. We love it that we have wonderful guests such as yourself who come to us year after year because we provide the kind of amenities and service that you enjoy and deserve. I will be sure and share your wonderful compliments with Rick, Leanne, Mike and Chuck. We look forward to your next visit.
Nikki Hoggan, General Manager.
Federal Way, Washington
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My fiance and I wanted to take a vacation but needed our dog to come. They are extremely pet friendly. And the rooms are a great size and very nice and cozy. It made us and our dog feel right at home! The path to the ocean is right there and the location is great. The staff was great especially Nicohle, she was so kind and helpful. We will be returning and staying at the Shilo Inn only from now on.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank mandy7474
Dear Mandy,
Thank you for your gracious review. We are happy that your stay was all that you could have hoped for. I will share your kudos with Nichole, I am sure she will appreciate them. Please visit us again soon.
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I had a reservation to stay at this hotel and I called to confirm the reservation.
I spoke with a very nice employee by the name of TERRI WIERMAN she was very helpful and answered all my questions.
I had a concern with the floor I was reserved on and she went above and beyond to help me get a room on a lower floor.
She is great at what she does in meeting the customers concerns and expectations.
Being a former Hotel mgr I commend Terri on her lovel of professionalism.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear RobH,
Thank you for sharing your positive experience during your stay with us. Terry does indeed exemplify Shilo’s belief that the guest concerns and expectations are top priority. We look forward to your next great visit with us.