“Enjoyed our stay”

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Bellingham, Washington
“Enjoyed our stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

We took advantage of the 2-night special. Our room was very nice. The fireplace was a bonus, and the bed was wonderful. We got the ocean side view on the 4th floor. It was beautiful. The furniture was a bit dated, but clean. Casino employees were very pleasant.

We were not impressed with dinner at Emilys. I got the meat loaf special, and was surprised by how little food was on the plate. My husband got more getting a sandwich than I did. Breakfast was okay. Our male waiter needed to learn how to smile though, he was awfully stiff and curt.

We enjoyed the gambling for a while - left more money than we made though. Points don't add up very quickly.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Joyce E
QuinaultBeach, Marketing at Quinault Beach Resort and Casino, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for your review, as we appreciate the feedback very much. I'm sorry that your visit to Emily's was not what you had hoped for. We are pleased to offer the Sunset Specials that you spoke of, but they are a smaller portion for the reduced price. Our fourth floor rooms are currently under extensive renovation, including new carpeting, wall coverings, and furniture. On your next visit, be sure to ask for one of these luxurious rooms to enjoy the new appointments and the phenomenal view!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Puget Sound, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at Quinault Beach many times and I've always loved it, however they aren't keeping it up. We were absolutely shocked to see that the upright chairs around the small table weren't just worn, they were worn through so the stuffing was sticking out on both of them! This isn't an expensive fix--I've done my chairs many times by myself. It just showed they didn't care. The wallpaper is curling in many places and the woodwork is showing it's age.
On the positive side, the beds are very comfortable, the rooms are comfortable and quiet and the hotel is the closest to the beach of any on the Washington coast.
These issues won't keep me from staying again, but others may not be as forgiving.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank 65stang
Thank you for your honest review, as that allows other guests to decide based on what is important to them! I did want to mention that we are currently renovating the Fourth floor, including wall coverings, carpeting, and furniture. We'll follow up with the remaining floors during the coming winter season. Come back and visit us again soon!
SeaTac, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Spent two nights at Quinault Casino/Resort. The view from the room was wonderful; however, the rooms could really use updating (which I understand is going to begin shortly). Beds were comfortable but the 2 chairs in the room were straight-backed and hard. Linens were nice and the toiletries were good. Seattle Times at the door in the mornings. Helpful, friendly staff in restaurants, at the front desk, on the casino floor and in the gift shop.

Room Tip: Definitely request an Ocean View - a bit more expensive, but much nicer than looking out over the pa...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Velvet21
We appreciate your comments! We are quite near to completing the renovations on the Fourth Floor, and are looking forward to showing these off. We'll follow up with the remaining floors next winter. Do come back and see the changes!
Bremerton, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed 2 nights and was extremely satisfied with Quinault Beach Resort and Super Bowl coverage.
Room was excellent (a few stains on the floor) but was very clean and nicely laid out. The wife used the Spa Services (Massage) and was very pleased with the results.
Food was excellent (Little Expensive) but very well prepared--try the Alder Plank Wild Salmon.
All staff members we came in contact with were professional, friendly, and helpful.

57Philip

Room Tip: If you like viewing the Beach and Ocean-Pick the Ocean View Rooms on top floor. You won't be dis...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 57Philip
Thank you for your review - we appreciate your comments! What a great weekend to have joined us. We are just finishing up major renovations on the Fourth Floor, which include new carpeting, wall coverings, and furniture. Be sure to come back and see the changes!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

I wouldn't say that I'm a big traveler, but I do video and photo freelance work and needed a place to stay over night in Ocean Shores. I'm not a gambler but, I did wander through the floor and can't really give an opinion on that aspect of the place.

My purpose in choosing Quinault Beach Resort was based upon other reviews and they were right! It was a very nice facility, friendly staff, with clean rooms and the food.... oh, the food was EXCELLENT! You must try the Alder Plank Wild Salmon with a tasty apple cider glaze sauce.

There were multiple choices with the rooms and I kept it simple for myself and selected the non ocean view room with a queen sized bed. Until I arrived, I figured I would get a room that was half of what I expected, but it wasn't. It was VERY nice! Having a bad back, the bed's firmness is important to me as well and I wasn't disappointed. The room was well laid out for my needs and was quite clean and met my needs. Kudos to the maid service staff!

Do I recommend this place to other non gamblers? Oh yes! I'll be coming back and will bring my wife JUST to get away because it was affordable and the staff helped in making me want to share the experience with my her next time.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Steve W
Thank you so much for your review - we do appreciate it! Be sure to come back and check out our newly renovated Fourth Floor rooms!
Aberdeen, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

last 2 times i stayed there were dark stains on the rug had to ware shoes in room the hole time thought it was dog crap they say no dogs in room maybe human crap i dont know, but room was bad. need to do updates real bad.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gary m
Thank you for your comments - we do appreciate your honest review, and look forward to serving you again soon. We are just finishing up major renovations in our Fourth Floor rooms, and will follow up with the remaining floors this coming winter. Be sure to come back and see the changes!

Travellers are raving about these Ocean Shores hotels

Pacifc Northwest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Our stay was Dec 30, 2013 - Jan 2, 2014

We decided to go away almost last minute for NYE and thought the ocean would be a place to go and after having friends stay at here during a midweek special, figured at least we'd be on the beach and could go for lots of walks.

A sign along the driveway to the hotel states no marijuana -- thought that was strange. Until we got into the hotel. A lady in the elevator said her floor reeked of skunkweed. Later we smelled pot on our floor. Now THAT was a surprise I wasn't expecting.

The casino floor itself was way smaller than expected -- come NYE, it was very difficult to find a table or a slot machine to play. The other nights we played blackjack, most dealers were friendly, helpful and fun.

The Ocean Lounge had a fabulous blues band on NYE that easily filled the dance floor and had many from the casino flock to the bar. Unfortunately, the bar was not large enough for everyone. The dance floor was an after thought, there wasn't enough tables (found this to be true on the other nights there as well). On NYE, the tribal members had their own table here and many younger ones didn't know when to stop drinking giving us added but unnecessary entertainment. A few were directed to leave but they always seemed to come back.

We had an ocean view king room. The fireplace was situated between the bed and the view out the window. A little disappointed with not being able to see the ocean and the fireplace is just for mood, not a heat source in any way. The television had a less the clear picture. Guess being spoiled with clear digital tvs elsewhere made this one subpar. Our room had a frig, apparently other rooms have a frig & a bar. There was a Keurig with Starbucks coffee & Tazo tea and a microwave. No safe though. No balcony to sit out on to enjoy the ocean but we were able to open the window and hear it until the room next door turned on the tv/radio, then we heard whatever they selected.

We ate at the on-site restaurant Emily's quite a few times. Every server was excellent and personable -- not top restaurant servers, but good down to earth people. The corkage fee for wine is $10 and will take advantage of this for future trips. The wine list was less than impressive. The razor clam chowder was different each time I had it -- the flavor was good though. Reminded me of the minestrone at Olive Garden, always good flavor but you never know what's in it. Hubby ordered the ribs and it was an entire slab served over fries. A half order would have been plenty, We had the New year's day buffet to find anything and everything one would want -- prime rib, waffles, omlets, fruit, veggies, rice pilaf, apple tart, cannoli, bagles, marinaded mushrooms & peppers --- more choices that I expected.

The spa at the hotel is a hidden gem, I needed to call to find out what they offered since it wasn't on the website. They are only open from 11-6, has a steam room and sauna. Hubby had a deep tissue massage and said that he finally had someone who actually knew who to give a deep tissue massage. I had their special of the month of a salt or sugar scrub w/essential oils and a massage. I was very pleased with Calista.

Outside, there is a fish/shellfish cleaning station. I did see a couple fishing and since it was razor clam season, plenty of people were digging during low tide. A state park is just south of the hotel that makes for a nice walk apart from the beach walk.

I know we'll go back because it's on the beach and has a casino (built in entertainment).

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view, I would get a top floor room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank patticakes
Thank you for your thorough review - we appreciate the feedback! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay. For your next stay, be sure to request one of the newly renovated Fourth Floor rooms - well worth the upgrade and the view!