“Great Staff”

Quinault Beach Resort and Casino
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stay at the Quinault Casino/Resort often, and cannot praise the staff enough. They are, on the whole, a helpful a friendly bunch of people. The ocean views are fabulous, and seem to go on forever. The bedding and pillows are very comfortable, and I love that they offer complimentary water and Starbucks coffee.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Debra B
QuinaultBeach, Marketing at Quinault Beach Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for your comments! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay - please hurry back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We took advantage of the 2-night special. Our room was very nice. The fireplace was a bonus, and the bed was wonderful. We got the ocean side view on the 4th floor. It was beautiful. The furniture was a bit dated, but clean. Casino employees were very pleasant.

We were not impressed with dinner at Emilys. I got the meat loaf special, and was surprised by how little food was on the plate. My husband got more getting a sandwich than I did. Breakfast was okay. Our male waiter needed to learn how to smile though, he was awfully stiff and curt.

We enjoyed the gambling for a while - left more money than we made though. Points don't add up very quickly.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joyce E

Thank you for your review, as we appreciate the feedback very much. I'm sorry that your visit to Emily's was not what you had hoped for. We are pleased to offer the Sunset Specials that you spoke of, but they are a smaller portion for the reduced price. Our fourth floor rooms are currently under extensive renovation, including new carpeting, wall coverings, and furniture. On your next visit, be sure to ask for one of these luxurious rooms to enjoy the new appointments and the phenomenal view!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We have stayed at Quinault Beach many times and I've always loved it, however they aren't keeping it up. We were absolutely shocked to see that the upright chairs around the small table weren't just worn, they were worn through so the stuffing was sticking out on both of them! This isn't an expensive fix--I've done my chairs many times by myself. It just showed they didn't care. The wallpaper is curling in many places and the woodwork is showing it's age.
On the positive side, the beds are very comfortable, the rooms are comfortable and quiet and the hotel is the closest to the beach of any on the Washington coast.
These issues won't keep me from staying again, but others may not be as forgiving.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 65stang

Thank you for your honest review, as that allows other guests to decide based on what is important to them! I did want to mention that we are currently renovating the Fourth floor, including wall coverings, carpeting, and furniture. We'll follow up with the remaining floors during the coming winter season. Come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Spent two nights at Quinault Casino/Resort. The view from the room was wonderful; however, the rooms could really use updating (which I understand is going to begin shortly). Beds were comfortable but the 2 chairs in the room were straight-backed and hard. Linens were nice and the toiletries were good. Seattle Times at the door in the mornings. Helpful, friendly staff in restaurants, at the front desk, on the casino floor and in the gift shop.

Room Tip: Definitely request an Ocean View - a bit more expensive, but much nicer than looking out over the pa...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Velvet21

We appreciate your comments! We are quite near to completing the renovations on the Fourth Floor, and are looking forward to showing these off. We'll follow up with the remaining floors next winter. Do come back and see the changes!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed 2 nights and was extremely satisfied with Quinault Beach Resort and Super Bowl coverage.
Room was excellent (a few stains on the floor) but was very clean and nicely laid out. The wife used the Spa Services (Massage) and was very pleased with the results.
Food was excellent (Little Expensive) but very well prepared--try the Alder Plank Wild Salmon.
All staff members we came in contact with were professional, friendly, and helpful.

57Philip

Room Tip: If you like viewing the Beach and Ocean-Pick the Ocean View Rooms on top floor. You won't be dis...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 57Philip

Thank you for your review - we appreciate your comments! What a great weekend to have joined us. We are just finishing up major renovations on the Fourth Floor, which include new carpeting, wall coverings, and furniture. Be sure to come back and see the changes!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I wouldn't say that I'm a big traveler, but I do video and photo freelance work and needed a place to stay over night in Ocean Shores. I'm not a gambler but, I did wander through the floor and can't really give an opinion on that aspect of the place.

My purpose in choosing Quinault Beach Resort was based upon other reviews and they were right! It was a very nice facility, friendly staff, with clean rooms and the food.... oh, the food was EXCELLENT! You must try the Alder Plank Wild Salmon with a tasty apple cider glaze sauce.

There were multiple choices with the rooms and I kept it simple for myself and selected the non ocean view room with a queen sized bed. Until I arrived, I figured I would get a room that was half of what I expected, but it wasn't. It was VERY nice! Having a bad back, the bed's firmness is important to me as well and I wasn't disappointed. The room was well laid out for my needs and was quite clean and met my needs. Kudos to the maid service staff!

Do I recommend this place to other non gamblers? Oh yes! I'll be coming back and will bring my wife JUST to get away because it was affordable and the staff helped in making me want to share the experience with my her next time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Steve W

Thank you so much for your review - we do appreciate it! Be sure to come back and check out our newly renovated Fourth Floor rooms!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

last 2 times i stayed there were dark stains on the rug had to ware shoes in room the hole time thought it was dog crap they say no dogs in room maybe human crap i dont know, but room was bad. need to do updates real bad.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gary m

Thank you for your comments - we do appreciate your honest review, and look forward to serving you again soon. We are just finishing up major renovations in our Fourth Floor rooms, and will follow up with the remaining floors this coming winter. Be sure to come back and see the changes!