“Take Care of the Customers You Have”
Review of Galway Bay

Galway Bay
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Ocean Shores
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: All things Irish - Pub, Restaurant and Gift Shop! We have brought a bit of Ireland to you here on the coast of Washington. Come enjoy a pint or two in our tasting room next to the fire, or hang out in the game room and shoot some darts or pool. Come get your Irish On!
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My spouse and I went to Galway Bay last Friday and Saturday nights. Our main purpose was to see Maggie's Fury, a band from Bellingham which plays mainly Irish music. The music was good, but the restaurant's hospitality left something to be desired. In their effort to maximize their income, the management wanted to preserve the good tables for guests that were not there at the expense of the guests who were there. That is, if the management thought you were not going to order a full meal in the main bar area, they tried to direct you to sit at the bar or at least away from the tables close to the band. This left the impression that the guests who were not there were more important than the guests who were. As it was on Saturday night, several of the good tables were left empty since the more important guests never showed up. I would think that it would be better to take care of the guests who actually came to the restaurant.

My spouse and I did eat. I only had the clam chowder, which was very good. My spouse had a full meal: the shepherd's pie. The shepherd's pie had plenty of meat and was very good although it could have had more colcannon (mashed potatoes with cabbage). However, my spouse being Irish, there are never enough potatoes. The shepherd's pie cost $18.99 which is $5.00 too much. Beer and wine were reasonably priced at about $6.00 a glass. The soda bread was good but not as good as my spouse's, which has raisins and is therefore moister. The Death by Chocolate piece of cake was large (more than enough for two people) and delicious. It cost $7.50.

We ate at Galway Bay several years ago. The hospitality then was better than it was this time.

4  Thank Seala_12

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Recently expanded and has live Irish music on the weekends. Great Irish food and lots of Irish whiskey.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Had early dinner during the week with my young family of five. We were warmly greeted and seated right away at a table on which the kids could draw with chalk, which helped keep the 2-year old occupied the entire time. Service was great, never felt ignored. The decor was entertaining and fun. We enjoyed everything we ate: soda bread, potato soup, bleu cheese steak, fish & chips and shepherd's pie. I thought the prices were a bit high, but this was during a family vacation and I wasn't too concerned. We will most definitely be back.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This is not just a restaurant....this dining experience is aesthetic, with live music, and specialty Irish shopping under one roof. In October the largest Irish festival takes place through the Galway bay. The food is delicious, including soda bread and fantastic steaks cooked to perfection. And did I mention the wine? Class.....by the glass. A place for everyone not to be missed. The outstanding service, food, and atmosphere makes this place 5star.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Great food and Beer, Had the Corned Beef Sandwich that was Great. Smithwick's Ale, and the entertainment was a blast.