“Love this place”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Love this place”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Good atmosphere, friendly staff. Great beers and something on the menu for everyone. Nice little gift shop too. Always a must in Ocean Shores.

Forks, Washington
“Great Food, Great Service”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I always stop here when I am in Ocean Shores. The service has always been good and the food outstanding. I have never had a bad experience here.

I went there last Friday night. I was planning to have some authentic Irish food and this is one of the few places I know that has it. I am a British immigrant and I have been back over there many times since. I know what the food is supposed to taste like. This place has the taste of home.

I had the bangers and mash (colcannon actually) with a tasty gravy. I had a cup of the chowder and a pint of stout. Soda bread came on the side. The food was wonderful. I loved the sausage. Genuine British bangers are hard to find and most sausage makers don't make them. I look for them every time I am in a place that sells sausage, usually without success. This is the only place I have found them on a restaurant menu. Everything else was great too. It all tasted homemade and was delivered promptly so it was piping hot.

I was pleasantly surprised by the service. They are normally good. I have seen them get slammed pretty hard at the dinner hour before, particularly in the winter when they probably don't have their tourist season wait staff. They have always managed to rise to the challenge and get the job done. They slow down a bit when they are getting slammed but I don't blame them. You have to staff a restaurant for the average expected that night, not the busiest 15-20 minutes.

This time they outdid themselves. I went in and was given a nice table. The server came by promptly with water and a menu. She also mentioned they had live music starting in two hours. I wanted to hear the music and didn't want to wait around after I ate so I told the server I wold leave and spend an hour on the beach and come back. She took this in good grace. When I returned, the bar half of the room was packed. I wound up having to sit in the restaurant half without a view of the stage. I thought that would be OK since I could still hear. Someone came by and got my drink order within seconds of my arrival. While he was getting it two more servers came over to see what I wanted to drink. The drink arrived promptly. Then my server came over and said a table had freed up in the bar with a view of the stage and would I like to move. I definitely wanted to, and they helped me move. My dinner arrived promptly and was hot. I could only have one drink since I was driving but the servers brought more water and were very attentive.

I spent a couple of hours listening to the music and enjoyed it. You could really spot the Irish music fans in the place as they were clapping and singing along. Lots of old Irish favorites were played and the musician was enthusiastic and a lot of fun.

I was only in Ocean Shores one night and this is where I chose to go. I will be back the next time I am in Ocean Shores.

• Visited June 2014
Ocean Shores, Washington
“Local Perspective”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Great Place for a weekend dinner. If you are looking for quick bite this is not the place. Most weekends you will be greeted by Craig who may be the closest person to a leprechaun in Ocean Shores. Although he wont find you a pot of gold he will find you a suitable table or how long the wait may be for your food. This place is populated by a very friendly staff and has been noted for having the best servers in Ocean Shores. We come for the music and service. Bremen, one of the local groups features Stephan as lead vocal, recently won the Best of Harbor talent competition and the Casino will likely be behind the bar if not performing. The food is generally very good, but prepared fresh and individually so may be subject to slight variation. If it does not meet your expectation inform your server. Their corned beef is house prepared and an exceptionally good flavored and very lean cut. If you like Whiskey and think Irish Whiskey is only Bushmills you should come to the Saturday Whiskey sampling or ask to try a couple from their extensive menu. They server breakfast from 11 to 1 and have some very good items.

There soda breed is from an authentic recipe and baked continuously during restaurant hours. I have had soda bread at dozens of restaurants in Western WA and no two are the same. This one is good but does not have raisons or currents as some do.

Visited June 2014
Renton, WA
“Fun place, service a little slow”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We wanted to compare the colcannon we make to that prepared by a traditional Irish restaurant, so we gave this place a try. Very busy, and it did take a little while to get menus and drink orders taken, but once we ordered, our dinner arrived in a timely manner. It is obviously a favorite local place, lots of groups, and a very large party in another room. My husband enjoyed his Irish beer, and we ordered the colcannon as a side with his stew and my large salmon salad. We were pleased with our choices.
It's a great place for people watching and in the bar area, the ceiling is covered with T-shirts. There is lots to look at while you await your meal.
There are many lovely Irish items in the attached gift shop.

• Visited May 2014
SeaTac, Washington
“Always a Regular Stop when we are in Ocean Shores”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Galway Bay is always full of fun people and great food. The entertainment on the weekends is top-drawer. Liam and Chris are wonderful hosts and always make us feel welcome and special. Their clam chowder is the best around and all of the food is super. Check out the gift shop for Irish items galore; a full bar of Scotch & Irish Whiskeys, a good selection of wines and beers. If its nice, you can eat outside. There's a room between the bar & the gift shop where you can play chess or backgammon or scrabble and they show black and white old movies. And, for cigar aficionados, there's a special humidor.

• Visited May 2014