“Maracas: Spanish for "Mediocre"”

Las Maracas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 46 Restaurants in Ocean Shores
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This would be a great place to open a good Mexican restaurant. We wish somebody would. Service was cold, and it was annoying that while the restaurant was nearly empty, the server chose to seat all guests in the worst area of the dining room just because it was next to the kitchen and waitstation area. Food was below average, and the salsa seemed to have tomato sauce in it. Worse, they seem to be in salsa conservation mode, brining out a half-full monkey dish at a time. I ran out several times, each time needing to flag someone down to bring more. Couldn't wait to leave, the experience prolonged while waiting for the server to appear so we could ask for our check. We will avoid this place in the future.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We were not looking for a Mexican restaurant but noticed the parking lot was packed so figured in was for a reason and we were right. Food and service and price were all outstanding. Clean, good food and good service. Will definitely go there again...

1  Thank TBall9652
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Service slow and snippy. Didn't stop by to ask how things were or to refill drinks - just sat us down... eventually took order.... dropped off check.

I ordered a chicken taco salad and the though the chicken wasn't raw, it was DEFINITELY cold. Specifically said sour cream only - it came with sour cream AND guacamole. Rather than send out a fresh order, the top layer of lettuce was merely discarded and returned with just sour cream. Therefore, only a few strands of lettuce remained. I know it was the same dish because I purposely removed a small piece from top of tostada shell.

I like having the chips and salsa while waiting for meal. The salsa was merely runny, very spicy sauce that didn't stick to the shell. Furthermore, it came with a spoon but not sure why because there were no small plates to spoon on to.

I also ordered a couple of burritos to go - asked for sour cream separate. It came with guacamole AND it was placed in center of plate. Burritos were over cooked/burnt. and plate was cold. Even as a to-go item, the chinet plate should have been literally hot to the touch.

Server just dropped off meals and left no opportunity for me to explain any concerns. I will NEVER EVER come back.

AVOID this place - this one is located next to McDonald's. It's simply not worth it.
Go to the OTHER Mexican Restaurant, where the plates are steaming hot and fresh. MUCH better service that refills drinks, asks how things are etc... They have chunky, red salsa AND a freshly made pico de Galo to go with the chips. It's at 824 Point Brown Ave -- going out of town it's on your right.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

My husband, my senior parents and I were staying in Ocean Shores and wanted some Mexican food. Despite the mixed reviews, we decided to try Las Maracas. It was ok....the decor is nice with a fountain in the middle and colorful art on the walls. The wait staff were friendly and we were seated fairly quickly. They did appear to be shorthanded during a busy dinner hour, with only 2 servers that we noticed for a good sized restaurant. Plus there was a large birthday party group. However, we didn't have to wait too long. The food was hot, seemed fresh, and was filling. My mom really liked her steak fajitas, and took some back to the hotel for the next day. I had the chicken taco salad which wasn't great and could have used more flavor, so I added salsa. One person had a combo meal and said it was ok. The homemade salsa was a bit watery, and the chips were just ok. Not bad...not great. Prices were reasonable for a beach town in high season. Probably wouldn't go here again.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Worst service ever. Saw somebody actually leave because it took to long to be seated.There were plenty of tables but many were dirty and remained that way until we left. I finally asked about my margarita and waitress said they had no bartender so she had to make it. I told her to bring a beer instead then. She then still brought a not so good margarita. We had been there one other time same waitress we thought maybe she was having a bad day but just as unfriendly and slow as before.