“Not to shabby!”

Las Maracas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 46 Restaurants in Ocean Shores
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went here for lunch a couple times on our stay. It was average food, though the srrvice

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stopped in with the grandkids for lunch. Food was fine, and a back page menu for kids. Mine are finnicky and they ate every bite.

1  Thank Sandra509
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This would be a great place to open a good Mexican restaurant. We wish somebody would. Service was cold, and it was annoying that while the restaurant was nearly empty, the server chose to seat all guests in the worst area of the dining room just because it was next to the kitchen and waitstation area. Food was below average, and the salsa seemed to have tomato sauce in it. Worse, they seem to be in salsa conservation mode, brining out a half-full monkey dish at a time. I ran out several times, each time needing to flag someone down to bring more. Couldn't wait to leave, the experience prolonged while waiting for the server to appear so we could ask for our check. We will avoid this place in the future.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We were not looking for a Mexican restaurant but noticed the parking lot was packed so figured in was for a reason and we were right. Food and service and price were all outstanding. Clean, good food and good service. Will definitely go there again...

1  Thank TBall9652
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Service slow and snippy. Didn't stop by to ask how things were or to refill drinks - just sat us down... eventually took order.... dropped off check.

I ordered a chicken taco salad and the though the chicken wasn't raw, it was DEFINITELY cold. Specifically said sour cream only - it came with sour cream AND guacamole. Rather than send out a fresh order, the top layer of lettuce was merely discarded and returned with just sour cream. Therefore, only a few strands of lettuce remained. I know it was the same dish because I purposely removed a small piece from top of tostada shell.

I like having the chips and salsa while waiting for meal. The salsa was merely runny, very spicy sauce that didn't stick to the shell. Furthermore, it came with a spoon but not sure why because there were no small plates to spoon on to.

I also ordered a couple of burritos to go - asked for sour cream separate. It came with guacamole AND it was placed in center of plate. Burritos were over cooked/burnt. and plate was cold. Even as a to-go item, the chinet plate should have been literally hot to the touch.

Server just dropped off meals and left no opportunity for me to explain any concerns. I will NEVER EVER come back.

AVOID this place - this one is located next to McDonald's. It's simply not worth it.
Go to the OTHER Mexican Restaurant, where the plates are steaming hot and fresh. MUCH better service that refills drinks, asks how things are etc... They have chunky, red salsa AND a freshly made pico de Galo to go with the chips. It's at 824 Point Brown Ave -- going out of town it's on your right.