“nice place to stay at Ocean Shores”
Review of Polynesian Resort

Polynesian Resort
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This was our second summer staying at the Polynesian Resort. I love it because the room is big enough for my family of 5 and my 2 dogs. It is also reasonably priced. The top floors will give you a great view. The beach is maybe a 10 minute walk through the dunes. The pool and hot tub are really warm and nice at this hotel. And if you happen to be there on a Sunday go to the buffet at Mariah's. Yes it is not the newest updated hotel but it is a nice place with big clean rooms and pretty grounds. We will stay there again and again.

Room Tip: If you take your dogs with you the bottom floor is easier to take them out. If you want a nice view...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank rosalia206

Reviewed 7 July 2012

The decor was definitely dated but it was a simple clean suite. The service was great, the amenities were fun for the kids - very warm pool, spa is for 18 and older but we snuck them in when it wasn't crowded, game room with a few video games and pool table, walking distance to beach and main street shops, outdoor swings, sand pit, tether ball court, basketball court, large grassy areas for kids to play... The sauna was a nice touch for the older members of our familia. The kitchen had everything we needed to make breakfast lunch and dinner but bring your own brownie pan if you want to bake some :)!

Room Tip: spend the extra money and get a view room
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Taimay J
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This place was awesome for our family!!! We got a corner suite on the 3rd floor with 2 bedrooms, kitchen, living area,dining area, fireplace, & balcony. And it was perfect! The 3 kids were in 1 bedroom with 2 queen size beds & half bath. Hubby & I in other. The place was the size of a regular apt. The kitchen was fully stocked. Fireplace came with a ready to burn log. The corner suite was key, you had an even more awesome view of the beach. And if you are into views, DO get 3rd floor!!!! The hotel has a nice WARM indoor pool, hot tub, and sauna. It was all well kept and VERY CLEAN. They even had some pool toys. Someone said the pool wasn't very big?! Uh...did you want Olympic size or what? It's not VEGAS! It was much bigger than a lot of hotels I've been too. It also has a neat game room on the 2nd floor...about 12 video games, pool table, and snack machines. My kids loved this too. And the lobby/lounge has a nice family feel to it. Plenty of board games to borrow. And you can even rent dvd's pretty cheap...new releases! As others said, the decor is not brand new, BUT it is VERY WELL KEPT and the cleanest place that I have ever stayed.

WE did not eat the continental breakfast...but it looked like most I've seen. Waffles, fruit, bagels, juice, cereal, ect. It had plenty of grass around the hotel for pets and kids. Even a volleyball net and swings. As others have said, it is dog friendly. But the rooms that allow pets, are always for pets. We are allergic to dogs, so that was a big thing for me. *We drove to beach...quite a little trek with kids to walk THERE & BACK with Tons of kids stuff. But for adults, you can walk...takes about 10 minutes...wear good shoes!! Lots of shrub and mud/water to get down there. Once on the beach, we found tons and tons of sand dollars, kids loved it!

We are going back soon. Check on the hotels own website for better deals. We did, got a better price.

Room Tip: Get a room on the third floor with a view! Corner rooms are best.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank twinsmom070
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Yep, the decor is outdated. But this resort at the end of the "strip" was just fine for a weekend. We booked the 2-bedroom on a corner (#309). Corner windows were terrific and the view awesome. Fireplace and kitchen (pretty good size) were welcomed features. The price was right!

Staff was really nice and dealt with 1,000 kids running all over the place with professionalism and humor.

Breakfast fit the bill.

My only real issue is the small pool and spa. It was like Kid Soup in there. But they were all having a good time, so who's to complain?

We will return!

Room Tip: Go for an upper level room and if you can swing it, I'd recommend the corner suites.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank zydeco3535
Reviewed 2 April 2012

20 of us just returned from a stay at The Polynesian. We were there celebrating my in-laws 30th wedding anniversary. We chose this resort because it is the exact spot where my father in law proposed to my mother in law so many years ago.

The staff was friendly and upon check in, we were informed that Kurt Cobain once worked there as a sheet stripper. That probably means something to a lot of people. Also, there were complimentary luggage carts that you don't usually find in a smaller beach-type hotel. Also, there is a huge selection of movies you can check out for the in-room DVD players. The choices were vast and I was impressed with the number of new releases available. Some just released last week.

We had a 2 bedroom suite, a living room, fire place, full kitchen, great view of the ocean, pet friendly and almost 1,100 square feet. There were 9 of us (4 adults, 5 kids 13 and under) and we all slept comfortably, although I wish I would've brought my own pillow. If you are a stickler for updated decor, go somewhere else. I was pleased with the aged feel of the whole hotel. It's really well-kept and the 70's vibe is actually quite charming. The rate was incredible for the size of the room.

The pool was clean, and it looked freshly painted. The water was warm and my family loved it. I wish I had brough goggles and there was a lot of stinging eyes and redness from the chemicals. But a little forethought on my part could've prevented that.

The complimentary breakfast was great. Only apples and oranges for the health conscious, but the kids filled up and were full for a good portion of the day. And that's what's important for us when we travel.

It had been raining and all the paths to the beach were a bit flooded, so we didn't take the quick walk through the dunes. Instead we drove a block down the road to the ocean. Which was fine - we live in Washington, we are well accustomed to the rain.

The game room provided lots of fun for the kids, the dog area was clean and easily accessed. Everything was nice and relaxing.

We ate breakfast at Mariah's on Sunday morning. It was an all-you-can eat buffet style and the food was very good. I actually ate the best eclair I've ever had there. That's something worth sharing!

All in all, we were incredibly pleased. I'd love to go back and stay in this hotel again. However, next time I think I'll get the 3 bedroom penthouse suite where my in laws stayed. It was HUGE with some of the most magnificient views of the ocean in all of Ocean Shores. And the decor is so incredibly Ralph Furley meets Studio 54 that I fell in love instantly. I'm talking mirrors on the ceiling, bright red bathtub surrounded by mirrors, an actual sauna in the bathroom, wall murals.... I can't wait to go back :)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank chadrach3
Reviewed 17 March 2012

This is our favorite place to stay in Ocean Shores. Like most of the hotels there, it is a little dated, but reminds me of my childhood as a result, so I embrace it. If you want modern, go to Seattle or Cannon Beach. Ocean Shores is all about family, board games, and ocean churning storms. When I first came to visit Washington state I ended up at the Polynesian, and fell in love with the whole area, so it makes sense it's a sentimental place for me.
I think you'll like it, and they don't just allow pets, they welcome them. Deer stroll up and down the grassy area outside the ocean view rooms and park, so relaxing. If you call and book you usually get a better deal, but that's just been my experience.
Also worth pointing out this is the nicest pool area I've seen in Ocean Shores, and the hot tub is always hot and steaming! It's also the kind that has really low seats, so the water comes up to you neck. Toasty...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank beachgirl60878
Reviewed 8 January 2012

This has been a family institution of ours since childhood. Whenever we go to the ocean, we always stay here. The rooms are simple but homey. They also allow pets so we can bring our dog. The beach is a short walk out the back of the hotel which is great. They have a lot of amenities - pool, pool table, arcade, dvd's and more. This place is great - especially for a family.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family