“Rainy Weekend Get Away”
Review of Canterbury Inn

Canterbury Inn
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Needed a weekend away from the stress. This was the perfect spot. It was raining all weekend, but as they say, a rainy beach weekend beats anything else. Well, they should say it. The Canterbury Inn is a great place to stay in Ocean Shores. It is quiet, clean, and friendly. It is also a close walk to food and the beach.

Check in was quick, friendly, and informative.

The suite, we were in 304, was nice. Although the elevator was out, it was very nice with all nice size kitchen and very comfortable furniture. Within minutes, we were greeted by a doe and fawn coming out of the scrub brush and walking across the lawn. Later, the sounds of frogs and surf.

We lit the fire and read and de-stressed. The price was perfect for what we wanted.

We ate a Mariah's, attached to the Polynesian next door.

Room Tip: 3rd floor has the views. Only a few rooms don't have beach views. Each room is a privately owned...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JMPInstructor

Reviewed 21 February 2014

This place is so quiet and peaceful. I stayed in a 3rd floor studio. The studio had a kitchenette. Which worked great to cook my breakfast. The pool was very warm indoor pool. Someone stated they keep the temp. at 90 degrees. I believe it. Last time I stayed here I had a 1 bedroom with a fireplace. The studio did not have a fireplace. Very clean and updated. I was able to take the casino shuttle from the Canterbury to the casino and back. Very convenent and really enjoyed the peace and quiet of the Canterbury upon my return. It was a easy walk to the beach and was able to walk both ways atleast 4 mile. Good walk for me. I put my toe in the ocean but it was cold. I think I will wait for summer. Staff was very friendly. plenty of convient free parking. No complaints.

Room Tip: The one and two bedrooms have fireplaces which are nice. Best view of the ocean is from the 3rd flo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lovthesites
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Took an over night trip last weekend with my daughter to get away for the night and enjoy some relaxation time. We definitely got our moneys worth. Not only did we get an amazing deal on our unit but we were able to check in early and check out late with out any hastle which allowed us to make the most of our stay. The room had a great view of the ocean and my dauighter and I had a great time at the indoor swimming pool. We especially loved the fact that the pool opened at 9 am andcheck out wasn't until noon so we were able to take a nice swim in the morning before we left. Great view, great location and a staff that went above and beyond to make our stay memorable definitely earned points for the future. We are already planning our next trip!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Beach63boy
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Like the Sept 15 reviewer, I also stayed in the Sleeper Room, yet a week later on Sept 22. The front desk check-in was like speaking to a college friend - and this was my first visit here. How gracious and welcoming!

I do not know the area at all - being from Chicago. But like ALL of the hotels in Ocean Shores, there is a football field distance between the hotel and the beach. But the beach access is fine - head a little bit north of the hotel, and DRIVE out onto the beach.

I am not a sunset tourist: I remained indoors and watched the Emmy's. HA! The sleeper room is near the you-can-hear-it but its-not-annoying elevator, and the room's lights above the dining table get super hot - but the room had other suitable lights. Comfy bed. The room's color scheme is Barbara Bush blue.

Would love to definitely return, especially during the Oct-Nov 2013 half price weekday sales.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LodgerFromChicago
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stayed just one night in the little sleeper room we love so much. There is no view other than from a tiny window overlooking the parking lot, but we didn't spend a lot of time in the room anyway. The bed was super comfortable, the room was quiet, the hot tub was hot and the pool was warm. Granted we may have found a lower price at another hotel on the strip, but the staff at the Canterbury always keep us coming back. Sometimes the smallest things can mean the most to a guest, and they know how to make me feel welcomed and appreciated. We have stayed at a few other places in town, but seem to end up coming back to Canterbury for the customer service we receive there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed in room 204 (pet friendly) and we were very pleased with our accommodations. The room was very clean, tastefully decorated (just like the pictures!!!) and a fully equipped kitchen. Front desk management greeted us warmly throughout our stay and did a thorough job about explaining what they expected from their guests who had their pet with them. Needless to say our dog had many trips in the car; best not to leave it in the hotel because if it barks and/or damages the unit it will cost you BIG bucks. Yes, I would stay there again. The resident deer made its appearance on a regular basis and was very entertaining. Fun to watch it eat out of peoples hands.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank sunshine98040
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We just spent nearly a week in a 2 bedroon corner condo on the 2nd floor. It was as nice as it showed on the web site photos. You can click on each unit to see exactly what the furnishings, etc are like since each condo is individually owned. The beds were comfortable, everything functioned as it should in the kitchen (important to us since we need to eat gluten free and hard to do that and eat out), the staff was friendly and accomodating, beds comfortable and the weather cooperated. I could enjoy the view of the sea across the shrubbery covered dunes and the great sunset. This is the third year we've rented a house or condo on the Pacific Shore some place and this had to be the best. Oh, granddaughter loved, loved the pool and walks to the beach as path was close.

Room Tip: 2nd floor views show a bit of ocean but 3rd floor might be worth the extra. Make sure you select you...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family