“Ocean Shores Home away from Home”
Review of The Nautilus

The Nautilus
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ocean Shores
The Nautilus
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Snohomish
“Ocean Shores Home away from Home”
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Had a couple-day meeting in Ocean Shores so I opted to take the family up with me and so they could tool around the town and relax while I was busy not having fun with work. One of my colleagues for the meeting was staying in the Nautilus building so we opted to do the same and were able to stay in room 201. The room was more condo than hotel room, with all of the comforts of home. It was nice to be able to come home from a long meeting and have a home-cooked meal, that my beautiful, wonderful, gracious (how many more adjectives can I use to encourage her to continue this behavior) wife had prepared for the family. It was really wonderful to be away from home but still have a part of home as well. However, my home does not have a beautiful view of the ocean off the patio...so I guess I'd rather be there sometimes than my real home!

Room Tip: Room 201 had an amazing view of the ocean...and it is called "Ocean Shores" afterall...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Benjamin C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Port Orchard, Washington
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Dog friendly. Old and needs updating but very clean and nice. Staff friendly. Old furniture, hard squeaky bed. Had a nice deck but the deck chairs were wooden straight back and very uncomfortable. Grounds were well maintained and the overall look of the condos were very nice. Overall we will probably go there again because of the great pet policy.

Room Tip: First floor rooms do not have a view--not sure if the second floor does or not
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank AlaskaAlaskan
seattle
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My hubby, dog and I needed to get away for a weekend. We have stayed here twice before over the past four years on the first floor but asked for a third floor room this time and were able to get it. Had a beautiful view of the ocean and spent a lot of time on the deck. The condo was very comfortable, a bit outdated but we are fine with that and for the price, it can't be beat. It was very clean and the kitchen was well stocked. The three story climb up the stairs was worth it! I am not telling the condo number as I want to be able to get it again next time we go back :) The bed was comfortable, much better then I expected. There were plenty of towels and extra blankets and pillows if you needed them. Free wi-fi is always appreciated! The deck had two chairs and a small table which was lovely for hanging out there with a book and beverage and in the mornings with my coffee.

The staff was all very friendly, especially Theresa at the front desk. We had a nice chat about hotels, travel and dogs and she was able to get us into our room about 12:30 and then was able to give us a late check out on the day we left. There were DVD's in the office and we checked one out (free) and enjoyed watching it that night. They have a nice grassy dog area on the front of the property which was handy to use for early morning and late evening 'outs' with the pup. We requested no maid service and no one bothered us although they did say to let them know if we needed anything.

I have read the negative reviews here but think some people are hard to please. For the price, the value is excellent! I won't bother even looking anywhere else.

Thank you for another great Ocean Shores get away!

Room Tip: Top floor definitely had less noise then first floor but even there, it never bothered us except for...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jodymaryk
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Absolutely LOVE this place! Wonderful clean rooms w/ fireplace, hot tub too. It's a one bedroom/fully furnished apartment! Very reasonable rates. My dog loves it too! Easy access to the beach. When ever we, (my kids & Sister), go to the beach, we stay here if we're not at the camp ground!
Thank You so much for your hospitality! We always feel welcome.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Federal Way, WA
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed the weekend at the Nautilus and absolutely loved it - again. This is my third visit, and I've never been disappointed. I called the office Friday night to say we'd be arriving late, and it was no problem at all. He told me where to find the key, and we found a light on as well as the heat.

Our unit was tastefully decorated, clean and well-stocked (not giving the number so it will be available for US next time!). Loved the assortment of games and the availability of DVD's to borrow for free from the office. We never heard noise from any other guests, and we loved the accessibility to everything.

I've stayed at the Best Western, the Shilo Inn, and the Comfort Inn here at Ocean Shores, and none of them compare to the comfort and the value of The Nautilus.

Room Tip: Because of the sand dunes, the 3rd floor really is the best, despite the lack of elevator. Get up e...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mrsacuna
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I'm writing this before our visit in May 2012.. but had to put a date.. please know the date indicated is not correct..

I've sat here just for the heck of it reading all the latest reviews. I've stayed at this motel many times in the past and just booked a room for the first weekend in May with a free night... They have ALWAYS gone out of their way to make our stay absolutely wonderful!! Keep in mind that people write negative things for different reasons and they don't always portray things the way they really are. They have full sized kitchens, bedrooms, allow pets, and are always there if needed. They are extremely clean, have an abundance of kitchen items to cook with, and lots of room in each of their rooms. Their pet deposit is a one time charge of $20 per dog (limit of 2) for your entire stay instead of by each night.. And they've got a great nightly rate. I know I'm going to enjoy our upcoming trip there next weekend!! :) I'll post another review after we get back..

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple