“I am wondering where the PLUS is!”

Best Western Lighthouse Suites Inn
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Ocean Shores
Sequim, Washington
“I am wondering where the PLUS is!”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

It's a just okay review! My latest stay in Ocean Shores was just okay! I have stayed here several times over the years and it is always just okay. You are stuck on the whims of the desk. The last three times I have been there they always try to stick me on the first floor down by the road. I always have to go back to the desk and ask for another room! They act like I kicked their dog, but they give me another room. The pool is kind of small and right at the desk so someone is always watching through the windows, it's kind of creepy. Something always seems to not be working. Mostly the wireless never works and the breakfast is all processed prepackaged foods, nothing fresh! I skip it!
Yeah it's a hotel on the beach and they do some things right, but it feels like they do it because they have to. It comes down to attitude! I have talked to the desk, but don't bother any more because of the reactions.
If you stay here! The beds are okay. The rooms are okay. The view is okay. The location is okay. It's just okay! I stay at a lot of BW's and this one is not up to par! It could be super nice with the right people in the right jobs. Where would I stay in Ocean Shores? I don't know! I may never be back to find out!

Room Tip: Upper floors (3 or 4) on the south end are good!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank LightingBolts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I stayed here with my wife and two kids (8 and 11), and we enjoyed the stay.
We did not see anything wrong. Our kids liked the indoor swimming pool. We had a dinner at the restaurant connected to the hotel, and the food was just fine.
Our room had a spectacular ocean view. We arrived at the hotel at 6:10pm and missed the sunset, but could see some remaining light over the ocean and it was beautiful.
Our room was clean and spacious enough for our family.
The breakfast was OK for me.
Overall, I liked this hotel and will be back again, if I have a chance.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank SPN_11
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Best western Lighthouse suites made our trip so much more pleasant and easy. Reservations were so easy to make. the location was conviente to so many things to do in the area. and right on the beach. Beautiful!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Seattle. WA
Reviewed 5 February 2012

My father and I visited this Ocean Shores Motel on Sunday, Jan. 29, 2012. I had read a number of the reviews and had seen pictures of this property from the TripAdvisor site. We practically had the motel to ourselves with just a few of the 95 rooms taken. Our King Corner Suite (#403) had a spectacular view of the ocean in spite of the rainy day. The room was well furnished with plenty of room to roam about. Everything in the unit was working well and we had a quick check-in. I took my own bedding so I didn't have to pay the $15 extra fee. For $107 this unit was a good buy. At the breakfast buffet the next morning there was enough food to eat since there were only two other parties eating at that time. The breakfast was ample and I especially enjoyed the waffles. For the reviewers who complained about this motel, try coming in the winter time during mid- week and you might get another impression of this property. Of all the motels that I have stayed in Ocean Shores it by far is the closest to the beach and has the best views. I would again return under the same circumstances- in the winter and not on a Friday or Saturday night which can be overflowing with people.

Room Tip: The higher floors such as ours (#403) have more extensive ocean views and are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank seattlemusician
Vashon
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We were looking for a girls' weekend getaway - reasonable off season rates, beautiful "suite" w/ small kitchenette, gas fireplace, and balcony. Tucked off to the side of the hotel, better rate, yet still amazing beautiful ocean view. Unexpected: Lovely view from 4th floor as nightime lights illuminate sand dunes & shrubbery below. Eerie, beautiful view. Foggy in morning, gorgeous sunny soon after. Much closer to beach than ALL the other hotels. Steep circular stairs lead to amazing lighthouse 'turret' with 360 deg. ocean views that you access inside the hotel. Disappointing restaurant setting, not cozy bar we were hoping for. Food prices $$, but found good, cheap Fish & chips :). In the morning there was a very nice complimentary breakfast - spotless and well stocked. Would go back in a hearbeat!

Room Tip: Upper floors are best, doesn't have to face ocean to have a view room. Wish we had turned down r...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed 20 November 2011

we have not been to Ocean Shores for decades, preferring other beach towns, but this visit was great. We stayed in a corner king suite with an incredible view. The room was large, the amenitenities standard and the space generous. Our room was spotless. The linens were new and the bedding quality. We had breakfast at waves late, it was adequate, like most free breakfasts, saved us a few bucks to spend at the seafood store. The front desk folks were really nice, we made several trips in and out and were unfaillingly welcomed. The common spaces were clean and comfortable, although we did not use the pool. I enjoyed the ambience of the little fireplace while watching the wind and storm. nice touch.

Room Tip: king corner suites have killer views
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I visited in July, in order to attend a conference at the Ocean Shores conference center and this BestWestern was the best thing about the trip. The facility, like everything in Ocean Shores, is not new -- as a matter of fact, I visited this very BW 25 years ago when the kids were young -- but they have kept it well-maintained and attractively decorated and the staff is gracious and helpful. We stayed in the top floor corner suite, and it was pretty sweet, indeed. The view of the ocean was unexceptionable and the room was large and comfortable. The bed was comfortable, there was a work table and chairs, a couch, a small area to warm up food or make coffee, and best of all, a corner fireplace which was VERY welcome since the weather was dreadful. It rained, was grey and overcast, and just generally awful. Our room felt at home, however, and sitting in front of the fireplace with a warm drink, relaxing on the couch -- and having that corner, top floor view -- sure took the edge off the unpleasantness. For the few times that the sun came out, sitting on the balcony was a real treat.
There is always coffee in the lobby that is hot and fresh. Very nice lobby, I might add, with game tables, a fireplace, a library, and a nice view of the dunes. The pool is right off the lobby, as is a sauna and both are stocked with plenty of towels. The pool is small, however -- don't expect to do laps - and it's a favorite with kids. Bad for us, but good for families.
The Ocean Shores conference center was within walking distance, even though the BW is probably the furthest away of the hotels. It is, however the closest to the beach. You can walk right out the door, across the dunes, and there you are for miles and miles and miles of dune walking.
This is not a luxury facility, but it is a good, solid choice for families or, like us, for a place to stay if you are attending a conference. I was always anxious to get back to the comforts of our room, and despite the fact that this is a good family hotel, it was not loud or rowdy.
The staff was pleasant and went out of their way to be accommodating. Everything was clean, convenient, and comfortable.
There is an actual tower -- the "Lighthouse" that you can go up into for a really grand view of the ocean shore.
I have only one issue, and that was with the breakfast that was included. Formerly, a continental breakfast had been available in the pleasant lobby area, but apparently that is too small now. Instead, breakfast is served in the dark, cavernous restaurant in one wing -- difficult to get to, poorly lit, and generally unattractive. Guests did not have the choice of ordering off an actual menu and paying extra but were restricted to the steamer table choices. These involved the usual cereal, yogurt, sweet rolls, dreadful scrambled eggs, meats, but no toast. The cases for the pastries looked smeared and dirty, there was an open garbage can beside the self-bussing station and the entire event was better skipped entirely. It was difficult to understand how this breakfast arrangement could have been so inconsistent with the pleasantness of the rest of the hotel.

Room Tip: Try that top floor corner room with the fireplace and balcony. It is large, has a great view, quiet...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business