We stayed 3 nights at this hotel. We lucked out with the corner suite on the ground floor which was perfect for us & our 2 dogs. The road leading to the beach was right outside our window but there was minimal noise disturbance. The location made it possible for us to watch the incredible sunset from the comfort of the couch.
The breakfast was hot & offered the usual sausage, eggs and waffles. The lady looking after the breakfast area was friendly and attentive - making sure that there was ample food and that the area stayed clean.
They have a nice little workout room that looks out onto the dunes/ocean. There is a treadmill, elliptical, recumbent bike, weight machine & tv. They've also included a water cooler. The pool and hot tub are a nice size and although we didn't use it this trip, there were lots of kids & families enjoying the water.
The beach is wonderful with large expanses of sand which allows for a lot of people to be there without feeling crowded. You can drive on the beach which we enjoyed. We had a fire and roasted hotdogs one night while we watched the sunset. It was quite beautiful and as long as you keep an eye on the tide charts, you have little to worry about. Stay on the packed sand though as we've heard of people getting stuck.
The rooms were clean and ours had a microwave, small fridge and cupboard/counter space. The bed was comfortable. There wasn't air conditioning however all we did was open the patio door and allow the ocean air to flow through the screen - a great fresh breeze kept the space a perfect temperature.
All staff we encountered were pleasant and helpful - from tips on where to drive on the beach to options for places to explore. We will definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-suites hotel offers you the closest stay to the beach in Ocean Shores. Located on one of two main access roads directly to the beach, we also offer convenient access to local shops and restaurants. Our amenities include Indoor Swimming Area with pool, hot tub, and dry sauna; a guest coin-operated laundry, a fitness center, a guest-use business center, and complimentary deluxe continental breakfast. Dog-Friendly Rooms are available on our First Floor and we charge a nominal pet fee per night (2 dogs maximum). We’re a short walk to the beach to partake in clam digging, horseback riding, storm watching and beach combing. Close to all the downtown activities and multiple festivals in Ocean Shores yet a stone’s throw away from North America’s only rainforest (Olympic National Park). All guest rooms are studio suites with seating area separated by a wetbar sink and counter; all rooms have overhead fans, decks or patios, ornamental fireplaces, Direct TV, and complimentary Wi-Fi ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Best Western Lighthouse Suites Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Lighthouse Hotel Ocean Shores
- Best Western Lighthouse Hotel
- Best Western Ocean Shores
- Ocean Shores Best Western