Doe Bay Resort & Retreat
Orcas Hotel(Orcas)(Great Value!)
US$214
US$98
  • Restaurant
Outlook Inn on Orcas Island(Eastsound)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$100
Travelocity
West Beach Resort(Eastsound)(Great Value!)
US$252
Deer Harbor Inn(Deer Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$175
Edenwild Boutique Inn(Lopez Island)(Great Value!)
US$176
The Island Inn at 123 West(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$199
Tucker House Inn(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$204
Friday Harbor House(Friday Harbor)
US$476
US$462
Travelocity
Bird Rock Hotel(Friday Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$237
US$225
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot tubs areyoga studiosummer camppizza nightorcas islandsoaking poolswash your handssmall playgroundmain officenew chefwalked rightdry saunabeautiful settingwedding guestsno reservationfarm to tableoff season
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Doe Bay is my favorite place in the world. Best "glamping" ever!

We usually bring a tent, or stay in a yurt. Auklet is my favorite tent spot, but we've stayed at Lone Pine and Grebe, and all have great views. Neptune yurt is near the beach and Sweet Spot is really a sweet spot!

For sure, make a reservation at the cafe for dinner some night (chef's choice SERIOUSLY recommended! yum!), and if you can, go for breakfast at least once, too! Food is locally sourced (much of it grown in their garden), perfectly prepared, and can accommodate any sort of diet (gluten-free, vegan, veggie, or omni).

The community kitchen is perfect if you want to bring your own food for your stay, and they provide all the tools you need to make home-cooked meals.

The soaking tubs... Don't miss out. And don't bother bringing a bathing suit.

We brought kayaks this trip and paddled out to Pea Pod Islands, where we got to watch some baby seals sunning on rocks, which was pretty darn cute. :] They offer guided kayak tours if you don't have your own!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ScenicWorld
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We have been going to Doe Bay most summers for the past seven years. This is a special place. The pace is very relaxing. The bay is beautiful. The food at the Doe Bay Cafe is excellent, amongst the best I have had, specializing in local, organic, with many ingredients coming from the Doe Bay Garden. The service at Doe Bay is friendly and can, at times, earn it the nick name "Slow Bay" but that is part of the charm. We have stayed in the more historical and the more modern cabins, as well as camped on the bluff, but haven't tried the yurts (yet). I always leave Doe Bay feeling refreshed, and wishing I could stay just one night more.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank steveswanderings
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We went here for breakfast/brunch this last weekend. The deck overlooked a very clear bay and it was beautiful weather and the view was wonderful. We first ordered the crab tacos which sounded amazing but they were out. I ordered the breakfast burrito but they were also out of that also. So we ended up getting the cinnamon french toast and the gravlox breakfast. Both were excellent, probably one of the best breakfasts I've eaten. Sercice was friendly. The little store next to the restuarant sold organic products. One of the things I like best about Doe Bay was that everything is natural, organic, and local. Very good food.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2013

This place definitely let me relax and enjoy nature while I got away from the city for a weekend with my boyfriend. We stayed in a lovely cozy cabin called Chakra. The cabin itself seemed well built and not old at all. It had a comfortable clean bed, a fully stocked kitchenette, and a tiny bathroom with a cold shower and toilet. The sink and mirror were in the kitchen. You could always find a hot shower at the soaking baths though. The baths were my favorite! So peaceful with the sounds of birds and streams...and it had a nice view of the water too.

We frequently saw deer eating in the grass by our cabin which always put a smile on my face.

The cafe there is very delicious (think local organic gourmet), however dinner service was slow...and expensive. It was over $100 for dinner for two with a few drinks. Made up for it in its deliciousness for sure!

All in all, if you want a peaceful quiet getaway then give Doe Bay a try. It's about 4 hours from Seattle via car and ferry. And since it's on the far eastern side of Orcas Island, it's a good half hour from the town of Eastsound.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank winterfell86
Reviewed 3 June 2013

To me Doe Bay epitomizes many great things about the Pacific NW: Beautiful nature & scenery, a bit of rustic hippie charm, delicious & nourishing homegrown food, creative local music, and a down-to-earth & laid-back friendliness.

I've stayed at Doy Bay twice and both my experiences were fantastic. I just returned from my most recent visit, a 2-night weekend getaway. I stayed in Little House, which has some of the best views of any cabin on the property. The accommodations are simple but comfortable. Each day of my stay, I had lots to look forward to: Delicious fresh foods at the cafe, relaxing trips to the spa, and a massage to cap off my stay. I left feeling refreshed and restored!

Room Tip: I recommend Little House, which has some of the best views of any cabin on the property.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple