“1st year anniversary”
Review of Sand Dollar Inn

Sand Dollar Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Olga
Sand Dollar Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Olga B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our 1st year anniversary. I'm always looking for a hidden gem off the beaten path and this place exceeded my expectations. Ann, the owner, was hospitable and made arrangements for our anniversary dinner at the "nicest restaurant in town."
We were pleased with her kindness and her cooking was outstanding! Seriously, we were entirely full on both Sunday and Monday and didn't need to eat again until supper time. Our favorite was the creamed salmon croissants on our first morning with strawberry appetizers! Breakfast appetizers- there's an idea I could get use to!
We stayed in the library room and didn't mind that the bathroom was a short distance outside the room. I enjoyed perusing the volumes and finding a new book to keep my interest on the chilly spring evenings.
Beds were comfy and we really liked the soft pillows.
Ann was very knowledgeable about Orcas history, places to eat, and things to do. We also enjoyed chatting with her about her travels.
Close to Eastsound, Moran State Park, Obstruction Pass State Park, Ocean and Olympic mountain range views. We had a very peaceful and relaxing experience visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heather L

Reviewed 23 February 2013

We visited the quaint Sand Dollar Inn last May. What a hidden treasure it is! It is decorated with such a home warming feeling. The proprietor, Ann, is a fabulous cook and made us all feel so welcome. Ann made arrangements for us to go whale watching, which turned out to be an exciting adventure. I would highly recommend this darling B & B with such a beautiful view. I stayed in the Library Room with the balcony which overlooked Buck Bay. I can't wait to go back........

Room Tip: Each room was decorated to perfection. All the rooms are immaculate. I'd choose any one of the...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Mary L
Reviewed 26 December 2012

We went to Orcas for a 90th birthday party and four rooms were taken by party guests! Everyone loved their rooms and Ann the Proprietor was gracious and accommodating. The breakfasts were delicious and she even made sack lunches for our early ferry trip. We stayed in the Library Room with the balcony overlooking the Bay.
We are planning another trip very soon. Even though we have family there,we'd rather stay at the Sand Dollar Inn!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank CristinHart
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I can't believe there aren't reviews of this place yet! Here's the brief review: gorgeous location, delightful owner, delicious breakfast, excellent value, extremely clean rooms.

We booked a trip to Orcas Island with only about 10 days notice and found it impossible to stay two nights at the same place. After calling many, many places, I found a website for the Sand Dollar Inn. We were in luck! She had availability, the price couldn't be beat and the proprietor was very personable on the call. Let me start by saying I'm not exactly the B&B type, but this place was awesome! We checked in, she showed up our room and gave us recommendations on where to go for dinner. She even brought up a bottle open and some great crystal glasses for later in the evening. And there's this minifridge for guests to store their food in that comes stocked with apple juice.

There are 3 rooms and one has a private balcony. We didn't get that room; we stayed in the East Room. It was simple, clean and private. After we returned from dinner, we grabbed the wine glasses, filled them up and went down the road to a beautiful beach area in Buck Bay to watch the sunset. When we returned to the house we sat outside on one of the several benches they have, talking and soaking in the evening beauty.

That night's sleep was great. The next morning we woke up and went down for breakfast. Keep in mind we're not B&B people. However, the breakfast room is setup with separate tables more like a restaurant. We're also vegetarian and the owner was very accommodating. She prepared a homemade blueberry crisp to start, coffee, freshly squeezed orange juice, huge breakfast burritos filled with eggs, veggies, cheese and a delicious side of black beans and sour cream and some extra fruit. It was awesome! The food alone should have you reserving a room here.

The owner was such a delight. I can't stress how pleased we were with our stay her and the opportunity to meet such a wonderful person.

Room Tip: ask for the Library room to get a private deck to yourself overlooking the bay
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank cutiemcpootie

Been to Sand Dollar Inn? Share your experiences!