“Delicious”

Ranked #2 of 17 Dessert in Olympia
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

This would be a perfect quick, light, and easy lunch for people just passing through town. Their pastries, both salty and sweet, would also be ideal for catering.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

OMG, a new fantastic option for dinner in the Olympia dinner desert! Andre and the great folks at the Bread Peddler have put together a very attractive and quite affordable French menu for the evening bistro, open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday 6-9:30 PM. Breton seafood stew ($12), an old family recipe, was delicious to share to start. And the house mixed greens ($10) is not your run of the mill salad-shaved fennel, oven roasted tomatoes, chevre crostini! Harissa spiced lamb in puff pastry ($16) with a cucumber mint yoghurt relish was fantastic entree. Lamb is regionally sourced and grass fed! And saffron sausage and scallop with saffron butter ($16)-Ummmm! Wine prices are way more reasonable than most places-2009 Couronneau 2009 red bordeaux-delicious at $28. And you can bring your own special bottle for a modest corkage fee.

3  Thank hanalea
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Went here for the first time on a busy Saturday. It was unclear whether we should seat ourselves at a table or where to get in line to order and how the whole thing works. The menu formatting was way too busy and overwhelming for a first timer to just glance at on the wall and make a quick selection. Finally, after waffling for at least 5 minutes not sure what to do, a waitress offered us a table and some paper menus. That's what I wanted. I ordered the Forestier, and my husband the Nicois TUna Sandwich. I loved, loved, loved my hearty, cheesy, wonderful sandwich and the salad that I didn't know came with it. My hubby's sandwich was pretty lame, too hard to eat, pre-prepared (we noticed a stack of them in the deli case later). The baked good were beautiful and I truly wanted to try one of each. Once it was established we wanted table service, our server was great, however.

1  Thank shebrightoned
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This place is wonderful! The sandwiches and soups are amazing, the coffee is delightful and the sweets are wonderful. Try the morning roll if you get there in time, once they sell out they don't have more for the day. It can be difficult to find a seat and the place is not meant for strollers, the seating is too tight.

1  Thank Rhiannon D
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I come here every time in Olympia. I have never had the same thing twice. Sandwich to soup to quiche. Great coffee. Tables can fill up fast during busy times.

1  Thank TheShortList

Been to The Bread Peddler? Share your experiences!