“Slow motion service”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Wasilla, Alaska
“Slow motion service”
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Went as a group of 8 on a Wednesday night. The place was not very busy, but we waited for 15 minutes to be seated. The service was insanely slow. It took over an hour to get our food after we ordered. Again, there were only a few other guests. I ordered the rib eye. It was very good and perfectly cooked. The fresh peas were also very good. I found it a bit strange that a place would serve a rib eye but not offer a baked potato. They also do not offer ranch dressing for their salads. I can get a good rib eye at Outback with the potato I like and a salad smothered in ranch for a lot less, and for much better service.

BUYER BEWARE: my friend ordered the fillet mignon. The menu shows it as a 6 oz. fillet, but for an up charge, you can get an 8 oz. she never asked for the 8 oz., but she was charged that on her bill. When she confronted the waiter, he quickly offered her a free dessert to go. No offer to correct it. It was clear that this was a matter of common practice.

Bottom line: Great meal, over priced, LONG waits, mediocre service, questionable business practices. The view and food do not compensate for all that is wrong. You'll never be an elite restaurant when you miss the details. Not returning.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank GlennMarlin

Washington
“View of the bay from most tables”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We enjoyed a nice dinner here last night for my birthday. We were seated next to the tall windows that overlook the bay. Their Tomato Basil Soup and the Crab & Corn Soup was very tasty!

My husband had the Steak Oscar and was dissappointed by the size of it but said it was very good. I had the Shrimp Scampi and felt it was good also, although the shrimp was a bit overcooked (Maybe due to the hot dish it was in?)

My only major complaint was that I had to look into the sun for half of the meal because the blinds do not cut out the sun.

Would we go back? Probably. I would just make sure of where I sit to the relationship of sun.

Juneau, Alaska, United States
“What a view, great food too!”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Ok, it was high tide and we had a window table for my wife's birthday dinner. Simply an amazing view with the water right next to you and the seals swimming about 10 yards away (you are inside). We had the early bird dinner, and Kathy absolutely loved her Flank Steak with cornbread pudding. It may have been a top five restaurant dinner for her. I had the prawns and it was really good. To top dinner off we splurged and had the Wild Huckleberry Slump and it was to die for.... It was best dessert I have ever eaten in a restaurant.

Honolulu, Hawaii
“great view, food and service”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

very nice staff. sat at the bar and looked out the full glass front into the water. what a view. had the huckleberry special drink and beer. the food was delicious - ribs, wings and calamari. met some friends who also ordered some kind of chopped steak dish and salmon swimmers. everyone agreed it's the place to go in Olympia! saw some people walking along the shore. place filled up but still plenty of parking. a great experience in Washington!

malawimike
“Great dinner”
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

Food was excellent. Wonderful views. I thought the service was outstanding - every server seemed to be attentive and moving quickly. We went on a Wednesday nite and it was packed.

Visited September 2013