“Inspection”

Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Olympia, Washington
“Inspection”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

June 7: Routine check (95 red, 25 blue)

Comments: Red — Employees and owner have no food handler cards. Cook was cracking eggs, and then went directly to preparing other food without washing hands. Not enough handwashing was observed. Employee shredding carrots with bare hands. Eggs left out at room temperature. Black refrigerator with dairy products at 50 degrees. Outside openings not sealed, screened or closed. Insects were <cf10> observed in the kitchen. Blue

— Several containers of ingredients are without protective covers. Cook’s cleanliness does not meet code. Food contact surfaces of equipment dirty with food accumulation. Outside cooking equipment dirty. Inside cabinets poorly maintained. Floor filthy with spilled food. Inadequate lighting for proper cleaning.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Salkum1943

Olympia, WA
“Coffee was excellent, food was pretty good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

Saturday morning breakfast, short wait outside in the sunshine (yes, I wrote sunshine--might not be so fun in the rain). Really fun artsy atmosphere. There is coffee outside on a table so you can serve yourself while you wait. One daughter had blueberry walnut pancake. It was good and it was big. Other daughter and husband had galactic scramble: veggies, sausage, eggs, and they really liked it. I had the Beneficial Benedict--a smoked salmon twist on eggs benedict. Unfortunately the chef was heavy handed with the balsamic vinegar, and it was all I could taste. The salad served with it was outstanding. The potato pancake side is really just like mashed potatoes. I REALLY wanted to love the food, can only say I liked it. What I will remember is the great coffee. Probably worth another visit though.

• Visited May 2013
Dupont, Washington
“Best breakfast by far!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

First let me say this is not the place to go if you are pressed for time, expect overly friendly service, or require a pristine dining experience. Sage’s Brunch house is about fresh ingredients prepared in unusual combinations with a delicious result. The pace and environment are very laid back. My wife and I know what to expect when we go and are never disappointed. Sage delivers the best breakfast we have ever had hands down.

• Visited September 2012
OLYMPIA, WA USA
“Funky Neighborhood Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

This quaint restaurant is located off the beaten path in a residential neighborhood in West Olympia WA. The food is good, but a bit overpriced. I ordered pancakes which were gigantic. The small container of pure maple syrup was lovely, but not nearly enough. When I asked for more, I was charged for it. Never had that happen before in a restaurant.

“We will keep on driving next time.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

We should have know the first time we walked in not even 5 min after the closed, we were greeted at the bottom of the steps by a very rude young lady and told that they were closed.
Visited again though. Walked in and we were told we could sit anywhere so long as the table was clean! Hmmm really well we chose to sig outside at a dirty table anyway. Waitress was rude and we waited 30 min for 2 small breakfast plates. Food..... not great in fact mine was cold. Needless to say that's one place we will keep driving by next time.

1 Thank Angnjason