“Could not be any nicer”
Review of Oyster Beach House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Olympia
Oyster Beach House
Michigan
“Could not be any nicer”
Reviewed 3 May 2011

I read the review from a disappointed renter and was concerned, but with family in the area to check it out, we rented it anyway. It is nothing like that reviewer complained about! The bedrooms were immaculate, with crisp, high quality linens and incredibly comfortable beds. The kitchen was extremely well-outfitted with dishes, cookware, coffee grinder, coffee machine, blender,etc. The deck overlooking the bay may need restaining, but the furniture was comfortable and well cared for. The huge TV screen, satellite TV, sound system throughout the house, showers with good water pressure and hot water, nice bar area with wine fridge, were all just as promised and worked perfectly. We never had time to use the kayaks and hot tub, but hope to next time.

Laurie was easy to deal with, had everything open and ready for us just as promised. We celebrated my mother's 80th birthday with all my siblings and it could not have been more perfect. We hope to be back next year. THANK YOU, Laurie!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Seattle
Reviewed 2 September 2009

About three years ago my family and I decided to spend Thanksgiving at Oyster Beach House. We immediately fell in love with the home and the beautiful view. This year when my girlfriends and I decided to do our yearly "girls only" (ages ranged from 40-63) getaway we decided to stay at Oyster Beach. What a huge difference from only three years ago. The owners Laurie and Brian have let the house run down. The home is still beautiful but not maintained. The kitchen floors were sticky, left over food in the fridge and freezer, filthy microwave oven and stove, bathroom mirrors splattered with toothpaste residue, bathtub unwashed, burnt out light bulbs everywhere...that's if the lamps had bulbs in them, dust everywhere and ants on my bed! We were not even sure if the sheets were changed. I was so embarrassed because I was the one who recommended this vacation home to my friends. So, unless Laurie and Brian spend some time with a reliable cleaning crew (and she said she has a house cleaner!) I would not recommend Oyster Beach House.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank queenb98059

Travellers are raving about these Olympia hotels

San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 8 December 2008

My college friends and I gathered at the Oyster Beach House for a reunion, not knowing what we'd find. Located about 20 minutes outside of Olympia, Washington, we found ourselves peacefully nestled on a small peninsula of the southern tip of Puget Sound. The house looked out on the Sound with most vantage points from inside, as well as two levels of decks, sharing the view.

The house has four bedrooms(2 King and 2 Queen), two and a half bathrooms, a well appointed kitchen, a bbq on the deck, iiving, family and dining room. And there's a 7 person Jacuzzi on the lower deck looking out onto the Sound.

We were spoiled. Outstanding place, we'll definitely go back.

• Liked — The View, the jacuzzi, the remote-ness
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olympia
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion
Little Creek Casino Resort
The Governor Hotel, a Coast Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Olympia
Super 8 Shelton
Super 8 Shelton
#2 of 4 in Shelton

Been to Oyster Beach House? Share your experiences!