“Good Hotel working towards Great”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Olympia
St. Charles, MO
“Good Hotel working towards Great”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed here in November 2013 and booked a Family Junior Suite. The hotel is well decorated in a great location. The hotel started its transition from Phoenix Inn to a Doubletree in late September and is still trying to work out a few problems. It was disconcerting that every time I had a problem I was told it was because they were changing over to a new system.

Once those issues are resolved it will be a great hotel. Whenever we had a problem the staff responded quickly to try and solve the issue. The front desk staff with Leah, Kattarin and Meghan really worked hard to make sure we had a good stay. We were grateful they had a great staff working for them. The hotel should congratulate these women for all time they spent trying to help us. I had a discussion with Ms. Harvey, Front Office Manager, about my issues and they were resolved to my satisfaction quickly.

The breakfast was good, with waffles, biscuits and gravy, eggs, muffins, etc. We had three adults so we booked the Family Suite. Next time I would book two rooms instead. This suite is perfect for families with small children since it has one bedroom and another bed in an alcove. I misread the description and thought we were getting two bedrooms so there was no door or window in the second "bedroom". So, if you are looking for a secure room to watch over your children the Family Suite is would be great. If you are looking for two bedrooms and privacy between those rooms, book two separate rooms.

And, of course, my husband and my mother really enjoyed those Doubletree Chocolate Chip Cookies. We never heard anyone in any of the other rooms so our walls must have done a great job of holding down any noise!

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Book the Family Suite if you are traveling with small children.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank debstcharles
Janine C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Wow! Thank you for writing this positive review discussing your recent stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback and our staff will be excited to hear you were satisfied with their service. Indeed many issues we were dealing with during your stay are either resolved or on their way to being remedied as we come to the last legs of our conversion. It is great that you enjoyed our Family Suite and in the future we are more than happy to accommodate you with a room suited for your needs. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
El Dorado Hills, California
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I am normally a Marriott's person but had business in Olympia, Wa and there was no Marriott;s close. My business partner is a Hilton guy so we choise to stay at the Double Tree by Hilton. This property use to be a Phoenix Inn Suites. Pros: Good location to some very good Restaurants, good parking, clean, well layed out for business. Cons: Room configuration, quality of materials (bed, sheets, furniture bathrooms), breakfast (also expensive for what you get).
Don't get me wrong as the place is clean and seems to be maintained well. It's just seems the quality through out is low in terms to like Marriott Springhill Suites. So was not expecting a high end hotel but at least middle of the road which I didn't feel it was.

Room Tip: Since the walls at very thin I would look to higher floors. Only issue with this is that Hilton Hono...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PortugueseMan
Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! We are happy we were able to accommodate you and your coworker at our newly converted property of DoubleTree by Hilton Olympia! Our location, guest service and standard of maintenance are a few things we pride ourselves on so it is great to hear you enjoyed them during your stay. Concerning your additional comments, we will definitely keep those in mind as we come to the end of our transition into the Hilton family. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you the next time you are in Olympia!
Sylmar, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Clean, nice staff, nice bar, hot jacuzzi and good location for downtown Olympia. Room had small sitting area with couch & chairs that was comfortable. (TV was a little small to see from the bed especially when it was set between the sitting area & bed but that's the only thing I can say negative about this stay)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Karen W
We are glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the positive review and we will take your comments into consideration as we continue to make changes coming to the end of our conversion into a DoubleTree. If there is anything else we can do for you on any future stays, please do not hesitate to let us know. We will do our best to accommodate and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town!
Peachtree City, United States
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Very nice and clean hotel. I stayed in a 2 room junior suite with all the amenities. Nice flat screen tvs were in both rooms. The only issue I had was not getting my bucket of water (from ice the previous night) dumped, a broken glass, and my wings from the restaurant not heated (microwaved) thoroughly. They were cold in the middle.

1 Thank Carlton M
Janine C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
To start, thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor as we appreciate your feedback! I apologize for the incidences you had during your visit with us concerning your stay-over service and this will be addressed for any future stays. Also for our PressNW bar and bistro, we are disappointed that your experience was less than satisfactory and are in the midst of resolving issues like this to make your experience more enjoyable. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do and we look forward to accommodating you for future reservations.
Yakima, United States
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The staff at this hotel are always friendly. The hotel is quiet and a nice place to stay after working all day. I stay in this hotel everytime I visit Olympia and the staff are friendly and most remember you on your next visit.

1 Thank Angela F
Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate your feedback and glad to hear your enjoy your stays with us. Our staff will be happy there were able to meet your needs, as guest service is something we pride ourselves on. We look forward to your next stay in Olympia.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Easy location to find using GPS but the hotel sign itself is not very visible or big. Close to the water and an short walk to numerous restaurants, bars and cafes. Smallish car park which quickly fills up. Very pleasant receptionists and bar staff.

My room was clean, comfortable and everything worked as expected. My only nitpick was the wireless Internet service which was unreliable on one of the days I stayed at this hotel.

All in all, a good place to stay if you are visiting Olympia for work or leisure.

2 Thank alkonost45
Janine C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for your positive review! Our location and guest service are a couple of the characteristics we pride ourselves on here at DoubleTree by Hilton Olympia! We are glad that you were able to experience both on your trip. Concerning our parking lot, we do provide complimentary meter service to our guests during the weekdays from 8 AM to 12 PM when our lot is full. As for the wireless Internet, this issue is currently in the process of being remedied. We hope to show you another positive stay on your next visit to Olympia!
Seattle, United States
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I started staying at the hotel 2 weeks before they officially become a part of the Hilton Family. I had a bumpy experience with a Hilton Honors Club Rep. who quite rude to me. The staff in Olympia did their best to make it right and offered me points in response to the situation.

1 Thank Jodine H
Janine C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. Our staff will be pleased to hear we were able to meet your needs and make your stay more enjoyable. We pride ourselves on our customer service and we hope to contine to provide excellent service for your future stays. We look forward to your next visit at The DoubleTree by Hilton Olympia.