“Great Place to stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Olympia
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I found this a great place to stay while on busines in Olympia, Wa. The rooms were nice size and clean. The bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly and help and I recieved a nice warm cookie everyday! Parking is limited so be prepared to park on the street upon your if you leave to go anywhere for dinner.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Janine C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you for the kind review on your recent stay with us! We are glad you enjoyed your time here at DoubleTree by Hilton Olympia and that we met all your hospitality needs. Our staff will be pleased to know they brought excellent guest service throughout your stay. Indeed our parking lot gets full when we are sold out however, we will pay for metered parking from 8am-noon for our guests. Simply see the front desk and we are more than happy to assist you. We look forward to seeing you again and a warm chocolate chip walnut cookie will be waiting for you!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Excellent hotel! The best in Olympia! The service was great, the linens and all amenities are high quality. The only complaint I have is that the pool acoustics are not good: it's earsplitting in there for some reason. But heck, it is the best pool available at a hotel in Olympia, and open 24 hours, so that's a minor complaint. The best part of this hotel is the quality of the service, comfortable beds and linens, and excellent location. I brought my 9 year old daughter and three of her friends as a birthday present. The staff were as courteous and kind to the girls as to me.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Wow! Thank you for your positive review! It is great we were able to make your stay memorable and provide optimal guest service throughout your stay. We are pleased that you found our updates and amenities satisfying. We appreciate your feedback in order to make your time here that much better. Our staff is happy they could make your daughter’s birthday a pleasant one and we hope to see you and yours again soon!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I've stayed at this hotel when it was The Phoenix and now it's a double tree. They charge 9.95 for a breakfast not even as good as what other hotels give away for free. No free coffee in the morning and they brag that they have a Starbucks in house. Well, the person making the coffee (NOT until 7AM) didn't seem to understand "Late". Hmmmmm. I chose the hotel because of my back and because they honored the Govt rate I need, but the walls were thin. I heard bathroom noises, etc. The pool is nice, but towels were NEVER available until one of the patrons went to the desk and complained

Room Tip: The desk had lovely people working there and the maids seemed to work hard. I'm thinking maybe t...
1  Thank Jan A
Janine C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

We appreciate your review on your recent stay though it is disappointing to hear it was not as satisfying as we would have liked. I apologize for the inconveniences you had as we want the optimal DoubleTree experience for our guests. We offer complimentary Seattle’s Best coffee in the breakfast area 24 hours a day for guests. Our breakfast hours are 6:30am-9:30am during the weekdays and 7am-10am on the weekends and we are in the midst of improving aspects of our Food and Beverage area. We appreciate your comments in order to better your time with us and we hope to have another chance to improve upon your previous visit with excellent guest service and quality hospitality for you and yours!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

My first time staying there, it has solid accommodations. I really liked the room layout with the dividing half wall between the bed and seating area. The breakfast was solid and there were plenty of staff who paid attention to the food and seating area. The workout room is better than most, but not great.
The cons: the bathroom is divided with toilet/shower in a room with the vanity/sink in the entryway of the room. Kind of wonky, but nothing terrible. The parking lot is puny and I had to park at the metered spots most nights - the hotel will take care of the overnights for you, which is really nice.
The guy at the bar/eatery during the evening shift pays nearly exclusive attention to the patrons ordering drinks. The first night I attempted to get dinner, I sat at my table in clear sight of him for nearly 30 minutes while he chatted with the 4-5 people at the bar and ended up just leaving. The second night, I was the only person there, so he ended up serving me. Once people started showing up at the bar, I turned invisible again.

I had an issue with my heating unit making crazy loud noises that couldn't be fixed, so they gave me a different room. The gal at the desk was very attentive and offered me all sorts of comp'd things, which I certainly appreciated for my trouble. I felt the staff to be very pleasant and attentive (except for the guy running the eatery at night).

I'll be back in town in two months, but I'll be staying there again. I liked the place and the staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Janine C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Though we are pleased you had a positive stay overall, I apologize for the inconveniences you had. That is not the experience we wish our guests to have at DoubleTree by Hilton Olympia as we pride ourselves on guest service. We are happy you found our room layouts and amenities satisfactory and that our front desk staff could meet your hospitality needs. Concerning the maintenance issue you had, this has been addressed to our maintenance engineer to remedy for future reservations. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to having another opportunity to improve upon your last visit!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We have stayed at this property many times when it was the Phoenix Inn; now as the Double Tree it has had some nice updates and is a great place to stay when visiting Olympia. The location is ideal as there are many things to do within walking distance. The staff was very attentive and always pleasant. Our room was clean and very comfortable. This is our go-to hotel in Olympia and hope we can return again soon!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LA215
Janine C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

We appreciate the positive review on your recent stay! It is wonderful you had a great experience with us and as a returning guest, your comments are invaluable. We are pleased you enjoyed the updates and changes we’ve gone through and that we provided excellent guest service throughout your time here. We are always working to bring the most rewarding experience to our guests so please let us know if there is anything we may do for you. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to accommodating you on your next visit to Olympia!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

All around great business class accommodations with attention to details. Clean, quiet, large, comfortable room, free transit to State Capitol, short walk (2 blocks?) to farmer's market and waterfront...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank slateramy2011
Janine C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us recently. Our staff will be happy to know we were able to provide you with an optimal DoubleTree experience. It is great you found that our amenities and updates to our property met your needs. Indeed our downtown location is within walking distance to nearly everything you may need. The DASH intercity shuttle runs for free through downtown as well. If there is anything more we may do to make your stays that much better, please let us know. We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Formerly the Phoenix Inn, by which most Olympians still know it, this hotel is in a perfect location, near the main drag and across the street from the great Olympia Seafood Company and Bud Bay Cafe. The rooms are very nice and hot breakfast is really good. The staff are delightful. We've stayed in many places in Olympia and this is the best.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

We are glad you had a wonderful experience here at DoubleTree by Hilton Olympia! Thank you for your kind words and feedback. It is great you enjoy our convenient, downtown location as we do too! It is one of the many features our property provides our guests. We pride ourselves on our guest service and quality of amenities so our staff will be happy we could provide that for you. We appreciate your positive comments and we hope to see you again soon!