DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Olympia Inn(Olympia)
Quality Inn(Olympia)
  • Pool
All reviewsdouble treegreat locationfarmers marketcookieswalking distancechildren's museumplace to staydowntown areafront desk staffclean roomsthird floorbreakfast buffetvery nice hoteleasy accessbed was comfortablebusiness tripstate capitol
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We arrived in Olympia early and the hotel accommodated our request to be checked in early, as we had a wedding to go to and needed to get ready. The room was well lit, large and well appointed. Our only criticism of the room is that we felt it should be provided with a safe for valuables/phone/passport. Hotel does not have room service, but there are lots of great restaurants in the nearby area. I do not appreciate being charged for breakfast that is inedible, and at an exorbitant fee. We are owners of a Hilton GVC suite in New York, and we felt that as owners we should be recognized as such.

I wanted to make spoecial mention of the front desk clerk, Katryn, She was especially helpful, when a library book was mislaid in our room, she made repeated trips upstairs to search for it...truly going the extra mile (she found and mailed the book!) SHe is a grat employee and a credit to her company. Bravo!

Room Tip: choose a corner room if available.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank George R T
Janine C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Although we don’t have safes in the rooms we do provide them at the desk for your convenience. As we work through our new breakfast concept I appreciate your feedback as this is something we are still working on. I am thrilled that you enjoyed Kattarin and that she provided you with greats customer service. She will be happy to hear your comments. It is our goal to ensure we” WOW” our guest each and every time. We do hope you come to visit us on your next stay in Olympia.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

If you have problems with their website (saying no rooms available), call them directly to make a reservation. Nice room, good service, but awful breakfast, go elsewhere for that. They also need to put an extra blanket in the room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Laurie C
Janine C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. It is our goal to provide the best experience for our guests and meet their hospitality needs. It is disappointing we could not fulfill that with our breakfast options. We continually work to improve our menu offerings, and your comments will help us keep our guest's needs in mind. We hope you to see you again when you are back in town.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I don't travel much but felt comfortable here. The front desk staff was friendly and gave me cookies when I arrived. The breakfast was to expensive for a generic buffet but I was able to grab a latte and explore the local eateries for a great meal. William the bartender at night was helpful in finding a restaurant close by to enjoy a local fresh seafood meal and was great company when we came back in for a nightcap. With the staff so friendly we felt like we were at home and enjoyed our stay immensely. I felt like Olympia was a small version of Portland. I'm definitely bringing my wife back this summer to enjoy the waterfront and this beautiful small city.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Janine C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Your kind words are greatly appreciated! It is so nice to hear we were able to bring that ‘at home’ feeling for you and yours during your stay. I apologize that our breakfast buffet did not meet your standards though we are always open to any suggestions you may have in order to better your experience. William and our staff will be happy to know they could make your stay special and provide excellent guest service. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

the only thing's i found dissatisfying , restaurant dinner-food was pre-made , looked to be food you bought at Costco, that was heated up. the breakfast that was offered is the same that you get while staying at a Hampton which is free , but you charge , the same price as a Garden Inn which has a buffet with cooked to order. and the pantry was extremely bare . a few pops and energy drinks , 4 types of candy bars . microwave pop corn , and some meds ..good note is Staff was extremely friendly , very helpful with local area sights to see and local history . the hotel lobby is beautiful . I didn't use the work out room but looked in .. was very nice. was amazed at the quality of the internet connection as most hotels have slow connection

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Janine C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

We thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay! I apologize for the issues you found with our breakfast and bistro. We aim to provide quality and satisfactory products for our guests and your feedback will help us do so. Please let us know if you have any specific suggestions to better your experience. We appreciate your comments on our overall facility and amenities. Our staff will be happy to know we could bring excellent guest service throughout your stay and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Olympia!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I was at this hotel for two nights for work. My room on the third floor was spotless and everything was updated. Really appreciated the mini fridge and microwave as well as the strong wi-fi signal and plenty of outlets for charging all of my laptops, phones and other necessary electrical gadgets.
While the toilet room is a bit cramped how the door was, I always appreciate the separate sink area which had great lighting for getting ready in the morning. More plusses are the large counter area, full length mirror, and plenty of hangars.
I never heard other guests and I believe the hotel was fairly full.
My room was good sized, with the separate sitting area near the window.
The location is great for walking around, easy to get my after work run in along the bay and to the lake.
If I had to ding one thing, it's that the window in my room was dirty, and overall that's a minor issue for me.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank DumbDog

Wow! We appreciate your positive review! We are thrilled you had a wonderful time here at DoubleTree by Hilton Olympia. Our staff is pleased to know we were able to provide excellent guest service, amenities and overall facilities throughout your stay. Your feedback is invaluable to us in order to maintain an optimal experience each and every reservation. Feel free to contact us should there be anything more we may do for you and we look forward to your next visit to Olympia!