“Very Good experience at Olympia DT”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Olympia
Dansenberg- KL, Germany
“Very Good experience at Olympia DT”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The front desk treated us with a smile and cookies upon arrival. The location is really nice, too. Close to the Budd Bay boardwalk and downtown Olympia. Overall, I would recommend this hotel. The only downside is that the breakfast was extra.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Janine C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Olympia. We appreciate your comments on our downtown location and our staff will be happy to know we provided excellent guest service. For future reservations, we do offer our Bed and Breakfast package which includes breakfast for you and yours during your stay. We hope to see you again soon and a warm, chocolate chip walnut cookie will be waiting for you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Spacious comfortable room. As always Double Tree delivers the same Hilton service I have come to expect from their hotels. Great customer service. Everyone went out of their way to make my stay stress free and comfortable. Location is within walking distance of numerous restaurants and shopping. There is also a farmers market near by. Would definitely stay at this property on future visits.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Janine C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for your review on your recent stay here at DoubleTree by Hilton Olympia! Our staff will be pleased you had an optimal stay with us. We pride ourselves on excellent guest service, quality amenities and our amazing location in Downtown Olympia. It is great to hear we delivered that for you. We appreciate your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 19 August 2014

When I learned that Doubletree was taking over this property, I hoped that Olympia was finally getting a full service hotel. Alas that was not to be. While you may get a cookie on check, the services are relatively meager. The rooms are large, but for the most part, the hotel is just average. There are plusses and minus to the location. It is across the street from two of Olympia's good restaurants, Dockside Bistro and Budd Bay Cafe. You are also close to Anthony's Homeport, Gardner's, and near the Farmers' Market. You can walk to Downtown from here, but you may want to take Intercity Transit's Dash, a free bus that runs from the Farmers' Market and the Capitol.

Room Tip: You might be able to get a view of Bud Bay on the third floor on the West side of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. Although there were aspects of our property you enjoyed, I apologize we did not uphold to your expectations. Our goal is to bring a rewarding experience for our guests and we value your feedback in order to do so. It is great you found our convenient downtown location suitable for you and yours. Please let us know if we may do anything more to improve upon your previous visit. We hope to have another opportunity to really ‘wow’ you the next time you are in town.
Washington
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I lucked out with a last-minute Hotwire deal on this place -- otherwise I was staring down the barrel of a poorly-rated Motel 6. This DoubleTree was fantastic. Very new-looking, centrally located, comfortable bed, speedy check-in. The only downside was the parking. The tiny lot was completely full, forcing us to park on the street. Thankfully it was a weekend so street parking was free, otherwise I would've been upset. They clearly don't have enough parking for this type of hotel. But bottom line: an excellent place to spend the night for less than $100.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ReadyForThisJelly
Janine C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for your kind review on your stay here at DoubleTree by Hilton Olympia. I apologize for the parking situation though we will cover our guests’ metered parking during the weekday and indeed, the weekends are free. We appreciate your positive comments and are pleased you had a wonderful stay with us. We look forward to accommodating you again the next time you visit Olympia.
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Great location I could walk to a lot of great places in the city. I used the pool and the workout facility and both were great. I stayed in one day and got work done on the free wifi.. worked great. Staff was always nice, but once I forgot my key, went to the desk, confirmed my room and the Gal working kinda made me feel like I was lying to her about staying there.. I had to tell her the name on the room was my husband, and even confirmed the company he was staying with as he was there on business with at least 15 other guests and she still seemed leary of me. Told her I would come down immediately after I got in and bring the extra key back, which I did and she still asked me to confirm my name..
The breakfast is lame for $10.. just make it free as that is the quality of food they serve. No better than a Hampton Inn breakfast and its $10...just seems strange they mimic a continental breakfast but then charge for it..
Rooms are clean and quiet.. bedding was really comfy.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. Our staff is happy to know you enjoyed our facilities and received excellent guest service throughout your stay. I understand your frustration with getting your room key. We take the security of our guests seriously and follow our procedures in order to ensure only those permitted are able to get keys to guest rooms. Please let me know if there is anything more we may do for you. We hope to see you again the next time you’re in Olympia.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed here with my wife and daughter for 7 days in August. We had booked the suite for a bit more privacy during our trip. The room was very clean and comfortable, service was excellent and we really enjoyed our stay.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Janine C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
We appreciate your review on your stay here at DoubleTree by Hilton Olympia. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! Our staff will be happy to know we could meet your hospitality needs with our guest service and quality amenities. It is our goal to make your time here as comfortable as possible. Please let us know if there is anything more we may do for you. We hope to see you and yours again soon!
Olympia, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Good clean hotel in a great location. Very helpful staff. Very convenient to the Farmer's Market and other downtown attractions. Odd policy of making you pay for the buffet continental breakfast. Room prices on the high side, but considering the location, this is understandable.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Janine C, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for your kind comments about your stay here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Olympia. We agree we have a great location to the farmers market and other local Olympia attractions. Our team takes pride in the service we provide and they will be happy to hear you enjoyed your stay.