“Rapido, rapido!”

El Sarape
Ranked #239 of 361 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner on our way to the beach. It was busy and took a few minutes to get seated. We ordered and our food came quickly. It wasn't the best and it wasn't the worst food. The chips seemed stale and the salsa too spicy for us.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

15 years ago their food wasn't bad, but over the years they have become complacent. The food tastes like it came out of a can, and use of a microwave is extremely evident. Bland and without flavor.3

Reviewed 5 January 2013

Ordered a guacamole burger and the bun was so hard you could use them as a drum. Asked for a little ranch dressing for the fries and was charged for it. Both myself and friend had a glass of wine and half way through the glass there were fruit flies floating on top. Waiter said it was extra protein so the manager was called and his attitude was no different. Sounds like the Tumwater site needs to clean up their act. No reimbursement for the wine at $4.50 a glass. Another guest in our party could not eat his salad dressing due to the taste.

We will stick to the west side restaurant as I have never had a problem there.

Reviewed 22 November 2012

This review is for the West Olympia, on Cooper Point Road Restaurant. Had dinner and it was wonderful. We have eaten here many times before. Both food and service have always been good.. I had the best & largest Chili Relleno I have ever had. Large quantities of food and served piping hot. Food was delivered not long after our order was placed.

Reviewed 16 November 2012

We're from California, so we know Mexican food, and this was the worst we've ever had. The meal started with tortilla chips so stale we couldn't eat them. The platters looked O.K., covered in melted cheese, but were almost inedible. I had a leathery chile relleno, and an enchilada made with spoiled chicken. The rice and beans were good, but the scoop of coleslaw had gone stale. My friend had a specialty enchilada plate, and we each were only able to take one bite - really horrible. She kept repeating the phrase "I can't believe it".We went home hungry, and when we told the cashier what a disappointment the food was, she suggested that Monday was not a good day to eat there. Oddly, we picked this restaurant because the parking lot was full. We have been wondering if all the other customers were out-of-towners like us? Who would return to a restaurant so uniformy bad?

Been to El Sarape? Share your experiences!