“Great Experience!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Olympia
Short Stay Lodgings - Franklin Street Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Olympia B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Very nice and clean apartment. Completelly equipped with everything from ironing board to kitchen appliances. The management is kind and service oriented. I have rented in other states and the experience with Short Stay Lodgings was excellent. Nice apartment!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 3 July 2013

We stayed for 10 days for our son's graduation and in preparation for his wedding. I have stayed at many vacation rentals, and this one is average at best. The best part of this apartment was the location- easy access to anything we needed, and management was responsive to issues that came up. Lots of towels and linens. They provided soap for the dishwasher and washing machine.

Not so great:
Cleanliness: On the surface, first glance, the place looked clean enough but we found very dirty windows and screens, dead bugs in the windows, brown smear on the wall next to the toilet, baseboards were dirty.

Condition:
The soap drawer on the washer came off in my hand every time I opened it, the washer spin cycle was loud and shook the place (small loads, large loads- it was the same), Pull up the blinds in the bedroom and they come partially up, all wonky and dead bugs and dust coming out, a silverfish in the kitchen drawer, stains on one couch.

Functionality: Cramped for the four of us, I don't know how anymore than four could stay there. There were three seats for the tiny dining table. Lots of decor on and stuff on the counters and table - had to move them out of the way. The cupboards are full of random stuff that most people wouldn't use on an average day, so the space was wasted and we had to search through all the "stuff" to find what we needed. The place is too small for all that fancy stuff. No screens on the doors, so we couldn't leave them open for fresh air.

Parking:
A bit of a hassle- not much on site and you have to pay in the street. The kitchen cupboards were full of a mix of dishware- with one shelf for food. Our food sat on the counter and some in the bathroom closet.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank bcmb0963
Debra S, Manager at Short Stay Lodgings - Franklin Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

I really tried my best with this guest. Upon arrival, she claimed the lockbox was broken but then we talked and it worked. She claimed my dishwasher was broken so I replaced it the same day without testing or questioning her integrity. The repairman who worked on the original dishwasher after replacing it didn't even charge me as the original was not broken at all. Well I guess I have a spare dishwasher for the apartments in case the brand new one goes out. Anyway, I really try hard to make my guests comfortable and happy but sometimes I am not always perfect. I have had so many wonderful guests and rarely do I get a complaint. I will always try to do better and hope people who stay appreciate all the effort. I can always be called on any issue and will try to remediate any situation in a timely manner to make my guests stay in Olympia wonderful.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I stayed with my 3 young kids & my au pair in the 2-bedroom downstairs apartment while on a cross-country trip. My kids and au pair had the bedrooms, and I slept on a pull-out single bed - which was more comfortable than I expected. We made great use of the full kitchen and prepared most of our meals in. We were even able to host my parents for dinner one evening. We enjoyed the peace and beauty of the backyard, the comfy bedrooms, and the nicely appointed living areas. It was so convenient - walking distance to much of Olympia - including the library, which allows guest cards, so my kids could stock up on books. It's also central to a lot of the state parks and other attractions that I wanted to take my kids to see. The owner was so gracious and bent over backwards to help us out when we had a small problem connecting to the Internet. A great place to stay, and we'll come back when next we are in the Olympia area! We visited in August 2009 - TripAdvisor didn't offer that date as an option.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I was in the upstairs apartment at Short Stay for a week, and was sorry to leave! It's bright and welcoming, with the easy feel of home. The kitchen is fabulous -- I had friends over for dinner and it was a fun place to cook, with everything we needed, and more. The bedrooms are inviting and cozy, the living room is the perfect place to tuck in for the evening -- the whole place has a lovely aesthetic and a welcoming vibe. Debra, the owner, is warm and helpful. I live in Olympia, now, and have thought about staying at Short Stay again, for a dreamy stay-cation!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This was a great choice. My managers loved this place when they stayed here for a conference. They loved being so close to a great German bakery (Wagners) where they could walk to in just a minute every morning. Centrally located for a vacation in the Pacific Northwest and the owner, Debra, tries to make everything perfect. You will like this place.

Room Tip: Both the upstairs and downstairs units are fully equipped. Downstairs is good if you have mobility...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We went to Olympia to visit with family and see a bit of what Olympia has to offer. We stayed in the downstairs 2 bedroom. It was the perfect launch pad for everything in Olympia.

The first impression when we walked in is 'fresh, comfortable and inviting'. The snacks and drinks greeting you on the dining table were a nice extra touch.

We primarily used the kitchen for morning coffee (beans, grinder and coffee maker supplied) and the full-size fridge to hold snacks and drinks. However, all of the tools are there and the kitchen was more than large enough for people that actually like to cook while on vacation.

We spent down time exactly like we would at home. An eclectic range of reading material is supplied, the TV has cable and the wireless Internet connection allowed me to keep up with my business obligations.

The bedrooms were homey and not cookie-cutter. Very importantly, the mattresses and bedding are very comfortable.

This is definitely a great place to stay when visiting Olympia.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2013

My out-of-town family stayed in the upstairs apartment early this year while visiting us in Olympia. They were happy to have their own place complete with kitchen, internet and TV to relax in. The location is great as it is right across from the public library, right next to a beautiful and extensive organic garden complete with chickens and a 10 minute walk to Farmer's Market and the Capitol. It was so much nicer than staying in a hotel room, especially since the owner uses green cleaning products and organic bedding so there's none of that nasty deodorizer smell. I highly recommend it for your stay in Olympia.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family