“My 11 year old son and his buddies LOVED this place!”
Review of Shankz Black Light Mini Golf - CLOSED

Shankz Black Light Mini Golf
More attraction details
Owner description: Shankz Black Light Mini Golf takes mini golf to a new and unheard of level! Grab a pair of 3-D Glasses and travel under the Ocean with the Fishes, venture through a Jungle of wild animals and go back in Prehistoric times with the Dinasaurs. All this while playing "The Best Golf in the Universe." While you're here test your skills in the arcade. Featuring driving, racing, target and some old-school games. Remember Pole Position, Spy Hunter and Pinball? We have those too! PLUS.....Slot car racing! Check out our new 4 lane race track with computer lap counting and scale speeds over 100mph. Shankz is the leader in fun for every age. All indoor and climate controled, the 8500sq. ft. facility is open year-round.
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I took my 11 year old son and his 5 friends here for his birthday. The guy working was just as nice as can be. He was so friendly and patient with the boys, who were very excited, loud and rambunctious. He was just a pro dealing with them. He was laid back and joking with them. You could tell he had experience dealing with kids and it was much appreciated.

The setting for the glo golf reminded me of a ride from Disneyland, it was that great! Very clean and obviously a lot was put into the course and decorating the place. It didnt take very long to get through the course cuz the kids were going so fast but it was a fun course. It wasn't as challenging as some mini putt putt golf courses but it was very fun. The theme inside was jungle animals and there are elephants, tigers, etc along the way - very cool!

Afterwards, the boys spent an hour and a half playing air hockey. We were the only ones in the place so it was very nice to have the games to ourselves. There isnt a whole lot in the way of table games but the boys had fun with air hockey and the foosball game.

What was really cool is that the birthday kid gets to put their hand print on the wall. They get to pick out the color of paint and then put the hand on the wall and sign and date it. What a neat memory!

The tokens are average priced - 20 for 5.00 and most machines took 3. We were given the 3d glasses as part of the party package but most of the group took them off as they gave us headaches or made it hard to play.

My son and his friends had a blast and I thought it was a great place. I would think that kids over 13 might get a little bored though.

We would definitely go back!

1  Thank olystacy

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Went with my best friend and 13 yr old son. We all Loved the 3D glasses and all the dinosaurs. Will go again!

1  Thank Kim253
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I took my 9 year old niece during their Halloween Haunted House and she had a great time. We went before the actors showed up at 7pm to lower the scary factor for her. The decorations were amazing and I had to frequently remind her that they were fake. She is a kiddo who loves a good scare. :-)

Kudos for having child and adult size 3-D glasses. She didn't have any problems keeping her glasses on. I chose to take mine off while golfing because they made my depth perception off and made me dizzy. I would put the, on while we walked so I could enjoy the 3-D art.

My niece enjoyed the arcade games after playing golf. It's a great activity for a rainy day and the owner is a really nice guy!

1  Thank Connie S
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I didn't realize you could pay extra for the glasses. The first time I was here I thought it was pretty lame. The next time some friends had glasses so I asked and with the glasses - it's a whole knew world back there playing golf! So pay extra and have fun! I only wish the arcade area was bigger...not a lot of selections, but we did have fun for ten minutes playing pinball and the hockey game after golf.

2  Thank Marrissa99
See more reviews
Reviewed 17 April 2011

Visited here on a Sunday after eating next door at IHOP. It occupies several store fronts at a mall with ample nearby parking. In the lobby are some video games, a slot car track, and some party rooms that also look into the black-lit golf course.

The main attraction is the black-light miniature golf course. The walls, course curbs, holes, and carpet are painted with bright glowing colors (see photos). The walls are painted with dinosaur, jungle, and other themes and there are bright colored animal statues interspersed throughout.

The individual golf course holes are quite short and not particularly challenging. The "allure" of the place are the glowing golf balls, clubs and surroundings. I would be worth a stop if you have younger children to entertain or really like miniature golf.

3  Thank Mohsman