“Rad”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Shankz Black Light Mini Golf - CLOSED

Shankz Black Light Mini Golf
More attraction details
Owner description: Shankz Black Light Mini Golf takes mini golf to a new and unheard of level! Grab a pair of 3-D Glasses and travel under the Ocean with the Fishes, venture through a Jungle of wild animals and go back in Prehistoric times with the Dinasaurs. All this while playing "The Best Golf in the Universe." While you're here test your skills in the arcade. Featuring driving, racing, target and some old-school games. Remember Pole Position, Spy Hunter and Pinball? We have those too! PLUS.....Slot car racing! Check out our new 4 lane race track with computer lap counting and scale speeds over 100mph. Shankz is the leader in fun for every age. All indoor and climate controled, the 8500sq. ft. facility is open year-round.
Humboldt, Iowa
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Rad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

It's just like any other mini golf place except it's lit up with black lights. Pretty fun and it's kinda dark in places but it doesn't seem to interfere with the game. My son had a good time.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank shannbamm

Olympia, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Fun afternoon!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Ok, well, it sort of ....rains....here. And sometimes it rains and is cold at the same time. This is a great time to read a book, but eventually that wears on the nerves also. The Shankz Black Light Mini Golf is a fun way to while away a couple of hours as an alternative to staying in! Holes are generally well-laid-out, and vary in difficulty. You can also finish off your stay with little slot cars, which I completely blew - my cars kept spinning off the track, but that was my lack of experience, which was obvious because others' cars nicely finished the courses....Worth a visit!

Visited February 2013
Trenton, New Jersey, United States
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Fun but fast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

It is fun to mini golf in the black lights, but the holes were nothing special, very easy. It is small so we were done with the holes super quick. It was a good thing to try out, and it is nice as an indoor activity in rainy Olympia

Visited May 2012
ocean shores
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“It's putt putt plus! Pros and cons”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

Firstly I happen to think putt putt golf is one of those awesome fun things to do anytime anywhere and I have a hard time passing up a chance to play a little. I think everyone needs a little putt putt in their life. That said I can be a bit of a critic of the ":courses" having played so many and having favorites.
Pros: I wasn't sure about the "back light" experience but it kicked it up a notch. Considering the place is small and stuck in a strip mall it makes a nice differences and there is a sense of getting lost in the experiences...pretty cool. It is a great way to spend some time on a rainy day and even if it is not it is a fun way to "play". The holes are "fun" so it can appeal to all ages.
Cons: I like a little more challenge in my putt putt and it is small. So it is both a pro and a con because it did not take long...I would have liked it to take a bit longer but sometimes you want just a bit of fun...this is the ticket. I suspect the little ones have a better time than us but we did have fun.
Bottom line - Who couldn't use a little putt putt? Come on...how long has it been? This was fun, different and a chance to do something a tad different.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank ducklakedaniel
Chehalis, Washington
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Fun Friday Night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

In rainy Washington, we were looking for something fun to do, and stumbled upon Shankz Black Light Mini Golf, we figured we would give it a try. It was super relaxed, fun, we had a great time. The mini golf course was laid-out nicely and walls provided privacy for each group; definitely fun for all ages.

Visited January 2013