“Don’t miss this Incredible Italian Experience”
Review of Basilico

Basilico
Ranked #4 of 360 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Basilico in downtown Olympia, Washington deserves its top ranking. I am a proficient chef and eat at the best restaurants everywhere my wife and I travel. The food at Basilico is fresh, prepared with skill and creativity, and presented with eye-pleasing panache. My wife and I split the Crab & Artichoke appetizer, the Seasonal Mushroom Pasta, and the Apricot-glazed Pork Entre; but only shared tastes of our deserts (melt-in-your mouth Tiramisu & rich Hazelnut-crusted Chocolate Torte). Every bite was wonderful. The recommended wine was an outstanding pairing with our meal. The deserts were the best quality we have found. The staff was friendly, helpful, very responsive and professional in every regard. The atmosphere was romantic with background music conducive to quiet conversation. Our meal and experience was a good value for the higher-end price.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

From the salads to the desserts, everything was wonderful. Pasta with wild boar was flavorful without any gamey taste, pork loin was tender & flavorful and lastly, the lamb chops were perfectly prepared & delicious. My one recommendation on the lamb would be a little more accompanying sauce. Desserts were incredible. Hazelnut gelato, creme brulle & my absolute favorite, panacotta with fresh fruit (& puree) was Fantastic! Service was a little funky with at least three different servers taking care of us, but they all did a great job without hovering. We'll definitely make a return visit.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Having been to Italy on many occasions to visit family, I always try to look for an Italian restaurant with more traditional ( aka "true" ) Italian food and found an excellent menu at this location. Since I rarely see wild boar ( cinghiale ) on menus here in the States, I had to try it. Fantastic! The pappardelle noodles were nicely cooked and the boar the perfect compliment. A glass of montepluciano ( in keeping with the "terroir" ) rounded out the meal. It never hurts when the owner makes a point of having a conversation with the customer and the conversation with this gentleman was thoroughly enjoyable. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Tim W
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We were visiting family in Olympia, and my sister and brother-in-law took us to dinner at Basilico. We had planned to go during other visits but it had never worked out. It was worth the wait! The food was sublime and beautifully presented. The service was very professional without being stuffy. We each had an entree - none of us had pasta. I had the poached wild cod; the two guys had the braised pork shoulder; my sister had the filet. We shared a cup of the tomato soup - wonderful! I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Had the pleasure of dining at this small, family run, excellent restaurant, and would suggest if you are in the neighborhood, it is well worth the effort to get a reservation. The staff was attentive and knowledgeable, the food was creative, the atmosphere was warm and inviting, and it all made for a very happy and enjoyable evening for the four of us who were there. I will certainly go there any time I find myself in Olympia! You should too.

Been to Basilico? Share your experiences!