“Good place. Great food.”

King Solomon's Reef
Ranked #20 of 351 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Salem, Oregon
“Good place. Great food.”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My wife and I went to the Reef for the first time on 12/19/13, when we needed a late-afternoon bite to eat before catching a bus to the train station. (We might have gone to Darby's, but we had no interest in waiting 45 minutes for service.) My wife had the tomato soup (with fresh basil and parmesan), and I had the vegan chili. Both were excellent. The vegan chili was a revelation: fiery, tasty, very satisfying. I highly recommend the Reef. The people, service, and food were all you could ask for.

• Visited December 2013

Olympia, Washington
“So happy to have pie”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We were so happy to see that the Reef reopened. Serving Artesian water, a great burger and fresh salad with fresh gf and regular pie ala mode! Trying NOT to go every week for dessert is our challenge. Servers are pleasant, attentive and knowledgeable. Plenty of seats for a group, but we like to sit at the counter and watch the action.

Visited September 2013
Kelowna, Canada
“Wonderful surprise”
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

We went to visit my cousin who is a university student. He took us to this location. I would have never chosen this location for a family with young children but I am glad I was wrong. The food was great and something to offer for anyone. The atmosphere is artsy and appealing to students. Great value. Delicious home style food. Excellent service. Thank you Cuz.

• Visited August 2013
Novelty OH
“Surprisingly Delightful”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Have had the pleasure of dining at KS Reef five or six times over the past year and each time enjoyed the food and the service. This is diner fare to the max! Fried, grilled, gravied, and piled high! Service has been wonderful, although we had the same server each time we visited, she always remembers us on our return! The ultimate compliment.

Visited June 2013
“Fun hole in the wall”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

It's located in a funky, groovy sort of downtown--a bit much for older folks like us, but it was a great dinner, with a fun, younger atmosphere. We had the Noah's Ark (ham/turkey/roast beef sandwich with waffle bun) and chicken and waffles, and enjoyed our food quite a bit.

• Visited May 2013