“ASPARAGUS LOVER'S DREAM”
Review of Farmers Market

Farmers Market
Ranked #4 of 57 things to do in Olympia
Reviewed 7 June 2013

The farmers market is a good place to get a good lunch and some good easten Washington fruit and vegetables. I also like the fact that I don't have to drive to Yelm/McKenna to buy pepperoni from Stuarts meats. I also picked up a nice basil plant for the herb garden. A local Berry farmer sells their strawberries, raspberries and blueberries along with local honey.
I recommend an hour and lunch at the farmers market. Free entertainment too!

Reviewed 26 May 2013

My hubby and I have been here a couple of times. We come back here mostly for the fresh oysters! We love them! I also came to guy garden plants and found the prices to be reasonable for the quality. The sellers are also quite knowledgeable about the plants (MUCH better than the local Home Depot). This market isn't real big, but most of it is covered making it great on a rainy day as well as on a hot summer day! As for the "No Dog" policy, personally, I agree 100 percent!! I am tired of seeing dogs at place that sell food!

Reviewed 24 May 2013

The Farmer's Market, just steps away from the harbor and bay in downtown Olympia, is a must see stop for families; lots of local products for the house and kitchen, and lots of different organic foods. We always have lunch at the market. Don't miss a chance to walk along the wharf; plenty of public rest rooms and some nice views, although it could use a lot more development.
Also; there is a really nice 1.2 mile walk around Capital Lake just a block or two away. We've never had trouble finding parking, so I wouldn't miss the chance to visit.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

The Farmers Market is one of my favorite things to do in Olympia. It's a moderate sized market, and very individual, as it should be. It's partly under a canopy or ceiling of sorts so it's all-weather. Right now (warm weather season) it's open Thursday - Sunday 10 - 3, and it's a great place for lunch. I especially love their Indian food stand; got some delicious anise candies there. Other favorites that keep me coming back: the honey stand with fragrant salve; the fern stand (never knew there were so many varieties of fern!); and the apples in the fall. Last fall I found Baby Head apples, as large as a ... you know! My husband always grabs a few fresh oysters, which they shuck for your consumption on the spot. The produce is mostly organic, which is critical to me. Easy free parking, too.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

We discovered the Olympia Farmer's Market several years ago and have been going back whenever we pass by on I-5 heading south to Portland. But I think that it's over-rated. It is on the small side and you really have to be a big believer in 'organic' - whatever that means. And, you have to be a big believer in the high cost of buying organic. I bought a bunch of freshlly picked organic carrots and as I was munching on them in the car, I swear that they tasted better. My significant other was just shaking her head and said that they tasted better because of the price that I paid for them. The real reason that we stop at the farmer's market? Stewart's Meat stand and avoiding a lengthy side-trip to Yelm to visit their actual store. Try their pepperoni (extra spicy) and their homemade turkey jerky - absolutely the best that I have ever tried. We pick some up whenever the market is open and munch on it all the way down the I-5!

1  Thank ROLAND R