“A True Taste of France in America” 5 of 5 bubbles

La Petite Maison
Ranked #29 of 344 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic
Description: Phone Number: (360) 754-9623 Grand Opening was May 3, 2011! Specialties La Petite Maison is set in a newly remodeled 1903 home that complements the French country-style cuisine. Chef Wells offers seasonal, local ingredients classically prepared and matched with an exceptional wine program. The expansive menu covers classic French fare (such as duck confit, cassoulet and house-made pates) as well as inventive creations such as lobster pot pie and crispy pork belly with hazelnuts. Along with the regular menu, a nightly prix fixe menu is offered. The prix fixe menu highlights the freshest ingredients available each day and provides Chef Wells a creative outlet to utilize his most advanced techniques. An extensive wine program features wines from the most classic and well-regarded regions and producers from France as well as Washington wines. Chef Wells offers personalized wine pairings to best complement the cuisine. History Established in 2011 After several iterations of restaurants in the space, the new owners of La Petite Maison are thrilled to restore the building to its original charm choosing to keep the original name of the restaurant that first opened in 1977. Now offering seasonal, local ingredients classically prepared and matched with an exceptional wine program, La Petite Maison is the South Sound region's only French restaurant
Clinton, Washington
“A True Taste of France in America”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

French like this is is hard to find anywhere in the USA. Dinner is served like the French do it--slowly; and with a focus on enjoying the food, the wine and your company while you await the magic happening for you in the kitchen. The Foie Gras appetizer---yummmm--seared to perfection and topped with a to-die-for bing cherry sauce. Their French onion soup had bodacious flavor and definitely came from homemade stock, not a broth bullion cube, so savor the flavor. Then the simple green salad boasted the tastiest dressing you've ever had--just perfect. The scallop entree' had a generous portion and the saute' was perfect. However, I would have added some sherry and cognac and flamed it for a burst of flavor and interest. Fresh baked warm chocolate souffle' and burnt butter homemade ice cream for dessert capped off a French experience par excellence--couldn't ask for better.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank culturevulture94

Olympia, Washington
“Should be listed as Number 1 Restaurant in Olympia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We can't count the number of times we've been served exquisite meals here by Justin and Zoe but last night we enjoyed another incredible meal to celebrate a special event. We wouldn't think of going elsewhere and we continue to be amazed by their creativity dedication and excellent service......not to mention DELICIOUS food! Thank you for making our last minute anniversary dinner so memorable!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank mom5fay
Olympia, Washington
“Little atmosphere, little effort and a BIG bill.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

I had the highest of hopes for Olympia's only French Restaurant, but instead I felt let down by both its quality and its service. Maybe my expectation of not having to stop at Burger King on the way home was too much to ask. The portions were inconsistent and there was just mediocre service even though it was Saturday night and we were looking forward to an excellent meal. What we received instead was a dinner of disappointment that lacked any French atmosphere except for the stereotypical mediocre attitude by the waitress. The bill was almost $275 including tax and tip for 5 people, which I believe to be about $55.00 per person. The lobster, which I had, was not even lobster, but 'finger lobster'(crayfish or miniature lobster and the entree was huge. It also had a $40 dollar price tag. My friend had a steak (5 oz) and when it arrived we all looked at it and said meatball because it was tiny. It had a diameter of 2 inches. It was served rare. It tasted very good, but very small. Another two people had soup. The soup tasted good but one had a full bowl and the other barely had enough to cover the bottom. All the food tasted good, but not $275 worth. That is why we will never go back. I wish it had been different.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank bellagio00
Olympia, Washington
“A very French dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

I'd read the owners plan is to offer authentic French fare in a farmhouse style setting. They have pretty much succeeded. Our son who cooks on ships and has considerable chef training was with us and more than once he commented he wished he had the time to do things right the way this place does.

My gâteau au foie de volaille was as good as any "cake of liver of chicken paté" I can recall, and I order paté almost anywhere I think it will be good.

As is par in France dinner tends to be the evening's entertainment so if you have plans for after, I'd discuss it with the person taking your reservation. There is a leisurely pace to French dining.

Expansive wine list intended, one can only surmise, so you can find an anniversary wine for the year you married or something. Prices go up accordingly of course, but there are also what I consider good value choices.

French cuisine isn't famous for no reason, and this place does a good job with it. As one reviewer noted it is a bit pricey on an Olympia standard, but this isn't a standard Oly place in any way. Serious diners in major cities would likely find the prices a bargain or at least very good value.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank SkykomishBob
Washington, United States
“Great food, neat space”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I recently tried this restaurant and came away very happy. We had wine, appetizer, salad, entree, dessert and coffee. Everything was delicious. The pork belly was cured in house, the pea salad was my favorite, and my husband said his steak was great. We will be visiting again.

• Visited August 2013