“Great Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Olympia
Olympia
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is the third time I have stayed at Red Lion Olympia, and I love it there. The staff is great, the rooms are nice, I like the fitness center and the morning buffet is convenient and good. I would definitely recommend the hotel if your travels take you to Olympia.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Margo R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel from 02.10.14-02.14.14 on business. Having spent far too much time in hotels around the country during my time with the USMC, I would have been content with a decent bed and cable tv, but this location was set up much better than I would have expected!

My room was clean, bed was comfortable, our conference room was tended to very well by the gal that was looking after us.

The real highlight of my stay was the folks that took care of me during my stay. Ardys and AJ at the front desk were fantastic at giving me directions around town, reissuing my room key when I locked myself out of the room and always giving a warm greeting when I walked by.

The hotel restaurant was fantastic, the food was great and again, the service was amazing here as well. Chloe and Dee Dee was very accomodating and patient (our group may have stopped in once or twice for drinks). They gave prompt service, remembered my order throughout the week (both food and beverage), and were both mighty nice gals.

Toward the end of my stay I asked the employees what they thought about working there, and they all loved it, as evidenced by their friendly service. I also spoke with Dwight and Jim, two of the supervisors and they were both proud of their employees and it showed. This hotel functions at a high level because the staff is treated well, their supervisors give them the support that they need. Additionally, this hotel is union so the folks that work there are given a decent wage (But the cost of the rooms were still very reasonable!), so they don't have high rate of turn-over, which means the folks that work there know their job and know it very well.

I am in love with this location, from the service to the room quality and price to the great location - I'd go back to Olympia just to stay there again.

X-
Mr. Highlander

Room Tip: When they say the rooms near the lobby are a bit louder, they are correct! I did wake early one morn...
1 Thank Robert K
Oregon
Reviewed 17 February 2014

we enjoyed a premium King room which had a lovely view of the lake from the balcony. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The room had a frige, microwave and coffee maker which we always appreciate. The room was recently remodeled and was very nice. It would be nice if the balcony had a couple of chairs on it, but hopefully they will add those once the remodel is fully completed.

our stay was very pleasant and we have no complaints at all about the hotel - we would stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for premium room if you would like a view of the lake.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Love the Red Lion, perfect spot, great view of the lake, yummy apps in the bar and great happy hour.
Always stay at the Red Lion, perfect location, great spot to take the morning run from, price is perfect!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 February 2014

The overall problem with this hotle is that is is very old. I think that property was built in the late 60's or 70's and the structure is wood so the building creaks and is NOT sound proof. Yes they have completed some renovatiosn to the lobby, bar and resturant, the rooms are extremely dated. My room and the hals smelled musty. The door jams were all nicked. My room was neat but felt dirty. The heating and cooling unites are wall mounted. They are very old and loud. Hallway crpet dirty and stairwells VERY dirty carpets. Best part of the room was the large Samsung TV and good internet. Food in the resturant .... terrible. Don't order meatloaf & potatoes!!! Resturant carpets wer dirty. Windows dirty and window sills dirty. Sorry ... this property gets "D" at best.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Jennifer K, Sales and Catering Assistant at Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Thank for you taking the time to write a review. We do take all feedback seriously, and address all issues that our guests mention. It is always our goal for our guests to have a clean, comfortable and great visit with us and to be their "home away from home" while they are traveling. I am sorry we did not live up to those expectations and hopefully the remodeling that we are currently doing will help make our property shiny and new. We do hope you will stay with us again!

Best,

Jennifer K
Sales and Catering Assistant

Travellers are raving about these Olympia hotels

Olympia
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This hotel may suit the bargain hunter, but a small fitness facility and average food at restaurant and room service make it a choice only if necessary. Have tried it twice. Nice staff, but even my room door safety lock didn't work. Time for an investment.

1 Thank Jacqueline C
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 30 January 2014

With such a stunning setting, one expects a much nicer accomodation. My room smelled of mildew. I opened the window to air it out, but had to close it at night since it was on the first floor. The reataurant buffet for breakfast was horrible. The french toast stuck to the heating pan, the eggs were stone cold and the pitcher of syrup was so big (coffee-service size!), I spilled it everywhere.

Room Tip: Don't get a first floor room in case you need to air it out!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Jennifer K, Sales and Catering Assistant at Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I wanted to apologize for the issues you had during your stay. We are in the remodling process so we do hope we come out of it clean, comfortable and awesome for all of our guests! We take the comments about the food very seriously as well, we always aim to feed out guests well and get disappointed when that isn't the case. We do hope you give us a second chance to get it right!

Best,