“Short Stay”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Olympia
Hood River, Oregon
“Short Stay”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped for one night on our way home from Seattle. We found this hotel to be nice. It's an older hotel in a nice wooded setting. It's not far from the freeway, but it feels very secluded and peaceful. The rooms are remodeled. Very clean and comfortable. Grounds are very nice. We will definitely stay there again. There's an onsite restaurant. Food was good and a nice atmosphere.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I came to this Red Lion Hotel for a conference. I didn't expect such a beautiful setting in the WA state capital.
Pluses:
1) beautiful setting near a river. It is fit for having a wedding reception and outdoor photography.
2) clean big room--I got lucky because I was given a king size room with a view of the river.
3) really helpful staff at check in desk who invited me to join the Red Lion club.
4) great value for the room and also happy hour.

Minuses:
1) breakfast bullet has limited selection. Service at the breakfast place is not fair.
2) It is not near to the city, which is a plus or minus. It makes it a little more difficult to go out to find something to eat.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was there for a convention (Enfilade) in May 2014. It was an easy access from SeaTac. The front desk staff were great. I was able to get a early check in about 9:45 so I could take a desperately needed nap. Although I did not ask for it when I made my reservation or when checking in they switched me to a lower, convention rate. The room was basic but clean and it had a very comfortable bed. I had breakfast included with my room but was very disappointed with it. Limited selection and they kept running out of what little they had including coffee. The lunches and dinners were tasty and reasonable priced but the service was ridiculously slow. I only had one supper there and ended up leaving cash on my table 20 minutes after I asked for my bill. What should have been a pleasant 45 minute meal took 90 minutes.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rob E
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Would recommend -- clean -- comfortable -- value is superb --- staff is as good as hotels 3 times the price --- you are close to everything in Olympia but ur in a pastoral setting --- I walk most mornings and the neighborhood is safe and clean --- wifi was slow in the room --- my only minor complaint

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The Red Lion is located near the I-5 freeway, but in a quiet treed location. Our room was relatively large with two queen beds, fridge and microwave. Clean and well kept. Only negative was soundproofing between floors, we could hear people upstairs. Avoid this by asking for a third floor room. Front desk staff were exceptionally helpful. Free and fast wifi, breakfast buffet extra $7-8. Beautiful view from breakfast room.

Room Tip: Ask for room on third (top) floor