“Business Stay”

Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Olympia
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here for a conference. The location was perfect for my meetings in downtown Olympia. Room was clean and comfortable. Really enjoyed the pool/spa and the view. There was some distracting sound bleed through from the floor above when people were walking.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Edward A

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was here with a dog show and hotels who accommodate these are hard to find. This Red Lion was not only accommodating, they welcomed us, and treated us very well. All of the staff took time to introduce themselves and to meet our dogs. I had room service most nights and the staff was so pleasant and made sure everything was top of the line. I wold recommend this hotel to anyone traveling with pets!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dorothy L
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Friendly & accommodating staff have always brought me back to this hotel when in Olympia. Updating has been going on mostly in the public areas. Guest rooms could use updating too in the area of carpeting & easy chairs/love seats. Beds are great. All rooms now have small fridge & microwave

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelSinceRetired
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We spent one night while travelling down the I-5. It was a good choice for a quiet night's rest.

The hotel is handy to the I-5 but because it is really off Route 101 you need to watch the directions carefully. The hotel is set in a wooded area away from the highway, with a view towards a nearby lake.

The hotel is sprawling. When we were there it had several large groups for conference type events but everything ran smoothly.

The room was a little dated, perhaps time for an update, but spotlessly clean and comfortable. Wifi was free.

We didn't dine in the restaurant but there is a full service restaurant and lounge and an adequate breakfast buffet.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GVancouver
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped for one night on our way home from Seattle. We found this hotel to be nice. It's an older hotel in a nice wooded setting. It's not far from the freeway, but it feels very secluded and peaceful. The rooms are remodeled. Very clean and comfortable. Grounds are very nice. We will definitely stay there again. There's an onsite restaurant. Food was good and a nice atmosphere.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I came to this Red Lion Hotel for a conference. I didn't expect such a beautiful setting in the WA state capital.
Pluses:
1) beautiful setting near a river. It is fit for having a wedding reception and outdoor photography.
2) clean big room--I got lucky because I was given a king size room with a view of the river.
3) really helpful staff at check in desk who invited me to join the Red Lion club.
4) great value for the room and also happy hour.

Minuses:
1) breakfast bullet has limited selection. Service at the breakfast place is not fair.
2) It is not near to the city, which is a plus or minus. It makes it a little more difficult to go out to find something to eat.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was there for a convention (Enfilade) in May 2014. It was an easy access from SeaTac. The front desk staff were great. I was able to get a early check in about 9:45 so I could take a desperately needed nap. Although I did not ask for it when I made my reservation or when checking in they switched me to a lower, convention rate. The room was basic but clean and it had a very comfortable bed. I had breakfast included with my room but was very disappointed with it. Limited selection and they kept running out of what little they had including coffee. The lunches and dinners were tasty and reasonable priced but the service was ridiculously slow. I only had one supper there and ended up leaving cash on my table 20 minutes after I asked for my bill. What should have been a pleasant 45 minute meal took 90 minutes.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends