“Bowl in style”

Olympia, Washington
3 attraction reviews
“Bowl in style”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

It is newly remodeled, the staff are very curtious people, my 2 year old grandson was with us and he brought out a special little bowling ball for little tykes, and let him throw the ball with us. It is clean and a lot of fun.

Visited January 2014

Olympia, Washington
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Nice bowling spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

We went here through the kidsbowlfree.com program. It is a nice place to bowl, they also have food service. The outside of the facility is terrible, but inside is pretty nice.

Visited July 2013
OLYMPIA
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Come in on a Friday or Saturday night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Lightning bowl is the best! They have music and blacklights and you can bowl in the dark. Just be sure you make a reservation, because they fill up fast!

Visited September 2012
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best interior in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

I recently went here with a large group of friends for lightning bowling to celebrate my 25th birthday. It's been awhile since I've been to Aztec lanes (over a year) and I must say the recent renovations make it one of the most desirable places to bowl.
Luxurious and comfortable couches to sit on, new bowling shoes, and a great price to bowl for 3 hrs during the event.
I will definitely be coming back here in the near future with more friends!

1 Thank rachaellyn3
Everett, WA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Recently Remodeled but Overpriced!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

Aztec Lanes has been remodeled recently so everything was very clean and the seating areas were in great shape. Even the bathrooms were clean (not easy to find in a bowling alley bathroom!) It is a very small bowling alley (12 lanes I think?). But it was nice to find a place to bowl that wasn't dirty and grungy.
It is very expensive however. For one adult and 2 kids to bowl 2 games each it cost just under $30. In my opinion that is too much $$ for an hour of entertainment. We are not from this area and are used to bowling alleys that charge a lesser amount for the kids. I don't think i've ever seen one price pricing.
The other complaint is that the lighter balls aren't kept out where you can pick your own like the heavier balls. They just asked how old the kids were and put balls on the counter for them and told us to make sure to bring them back when we are done and not put them away with all the rest of the balls because they keep them behind the counter. There are a couple of problems with this system. First of all we didn't get to chose what weight ball for the kids. The 5 year old was given a 6 lb ball which was fine, but our 10 year old, who is on the autism spectrum and has has lower muslce tone (not as much strength) was given an 8lb ball to use. I would have chosen for him to have a 6lb ball if I could have picked my self. The other problem is that you cannot see if your fingers even fit in the holes properly. Again it would have been nice to be able to chose. Finally the two kids balls were VERY gouged up/dinged/etc... The balls that the adults had to pick from were nice and not beat up. I'm not sure why they couldn't replace them when they get to be in THAT bad of shape. Also I've never heard of a bowling alley that hordes the lighter balls behind the counter and doesn't give you a choice. It's an odd way to do it and we have been to numerous bowling alleys and this is the first time we have encountered it. It was an annoyance and when you are paying $30 to bowl you should be able to chose the ball.
Overall I give it a 3/5 average rating. If it wasn't so clean I would have rated it lower due to the price and annoyances of the balls.

Visited August 2012