“Weary, but surprised - in a good way!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Olympia
Brea, California
“Weary, but surprised - in a good way!”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

My daughter and I arrived into Olympia after a long day of flying and were quite worn out. Getting the rental car at SEA-TAC and driving through tons of traffic, arriving in the dark, we were a little confused about the location. We could see the sign from the off-ramp of the 5 and if not careful, would have missed the little driveway on the right, into the location. It appears one is driving into the Budget Rental Truck location. The Quality Inn is to the right. It is an old fashioned, 2 story property. We were apprehensive about staying in such a strange, dark, location-very industrial, but the Veterans Buildings across the way were new & pretty. We would not recommend any walking after dark.

Once we entered the lobby, all was great. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The lobby inviting. Cute little breakfast room, fish tank, coffee out. We asked for a ground floor room in the main building, no problem. The room was large, clean, with a microwave, flat screen TV and tons of channels, coffee pot-no complaints. The bed was comfortable as were the little pillows. I normally bring my own, but since I only had a carry-on, I risked it and all was good. For the price, it served our needs. I am not sure I would stay here again...due to the location, but if one can get beyond that, it's adequate.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Heidelberg
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I was a little bit scepitc about this motel. I originally had a reservation at a Hampton Inn nearby (in Tacoma) which cost significantly more. I then found this motel for a good rate, read the rewievs and gave it a try. Well it was not a Hampton Inn, of course not. It was an older basic motel, but not bad. Rooms were basic but provided a fridge and microwave and were clean. Inside corridors (which i prefer over outisde). Got checked in by a gentleman that seemed to be from india, maybe the owner / manager. Friendly staff. Breafast was good, nothing fancy but adequate. Free Wifi worked well. Small outdoor pool, which i did not use. Just be aware of the 1,50 in-room-safe fee, which may be removed from your bill upon request.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank KevinH
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 6 November 2012

This hotel is not the best but it is good for a quick stay. The interior in somewhat dated and has a seventy’s feel to it. The rooms were OK but also needed an update. Hover the staff was friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 29 October 2012

stayed one night in this hotel on our way to Oregon coast. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the service and room condition. Our room is very clean, full of amenities that we only find in a 3 or 4 star hotel. Bed is very comfortable. What really impressed me about this hotel is the honesty and kindness of the staff. It started with the kind gentleman who checked us in and recommended a very good bistro in downtown Olympia for dinner.Following morning we ate breakfast in the dining room and out of habit I carried my bag with me.Put it down on an empty seat beside me and enjoyed a nice complimentary breakfast with my husband. Went back to our room to prepare as we were checking out that morning. I was horrified later on (about 20 mins) when I realized that I left my bag in the breakfast room. All the stuff that are important to me as a traveler including my ID and credit card were my primary concern though I also have our travel money and some of my jewelries in the purse. We ran to the dining area, checked the table and chair, bag was not there. I was about ready to cry when I heard my husband talking to Monica the front desk personnel.He asked her if anybody has turned in a purse. She asked me calmly to describe it. I did, and was so relieved and joyful when she handed me my bag.She said that she saw it on the chair with nobody around in the dining room so she decided to secure it inside the office. What an angel! She saved our vacation. Everytime, I think about what I have to do to get new ID for the flight back home, plus cancelling all my credit cards, I Thank God for people like Monica.It is a good thing that we were staying at a caliber hotel like Quality Inn Olympia. Had we been staying in one of those less refutable hotel, my purse probably would have been long gone.I highly recommend this hotel to everyone that will be going to Olympia, Washington.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Rogue River, Oregon
Reviewed 27 October 2012

We had to make an emergency trip to Olympia, WA and needed to stay close to a friend who went into hospice. This Quality Inn was only about 5 minutes from her and 3-5 minutes from quality restaurants. The management was very helpful and courteous, the rooms were clean, we had free wi-fi, in room coffee, a microwave and referigerator. Each morning breakfast is served in the lobby which included waffles, biscuits & sausage, fruits, coffee, juices, cereals and more. In addition the rates were very good and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I considered this hotel average. There was wireless and some breakfast, but I found the room (next to the ice machine) to be noisy, and parking was a little dense. The staff was nice and I felt secure. That said, all considered I think it was three stars.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I've traveled a lot and was using my Choice Hotels points for a girls weekend getaway. We were just passing through, so all we needed was a good nights sleep and two rooms for the 4 of us. I have to tell you, I'll definitely return to this hotel again anytime I'm in the area. It was that good.

The double queen room we had was spotless. My best friend and I are phobic about bedbugs, so we peeled back the sheets on the corners to check the mattresses, pulled out drawers and checked the pillows. Spotless. Not a speck of a bug or dirt. The mattresses were really clean and white. The other room was just as clean and neat.

We had no hallway noise at all, plenty of hot water and really comfy mattresses to sleep on. The front desk staff was very helpful and attentive. At breakfast the next morning my only complaint was that I just wanted water to drink and didn't see it. Well, it was there, just on the edge of the front desk. I should have seen it and did not as it wasn't in the actual breakfast area. The breakfast pastries were fresh and my friends from England loved the waffle maker!

I'm not adverse to saying when I've had a problem, so trust me when I say that I didn't have one problem here. We stayed in the building across from the office and it was good and quiet. No kids nearby, which of course, is a hazard of any hotel stay. This hotel is in more of a business area and may not have been as attractive to people traveling with kids. The front desk staff was good about giving my friends and I rooms next to each other, without our having to ask.

The hotel and grounds were very neat looking. I never got a creepy feeling, like one can sometimes get at a less expensive hotel. I'm really happy to know that this hotel is there as I'm fairly often in the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in the building across from the front office door. It had 5 rooms on each side of the hall...