“Good Value Stay”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Olympia
Dorking, United Kingdom
“Good Value Stay”
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Stayed one night as part of a road trip. Hotel was well maintained and comfortable, good quality included breakfast. Swimming pool is a good size although overlooked by the breakfast room so perhaps not for the self concious! Good facilities, friendly staff, excellent value.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
olyramada, General Manager at Ramada Olympia, responded to this review, 15 September 2011
Thank you for staying with us at the Ramada of Olympia and sharing your feedback with fellow travelers. We do appreciate your business and you taking time to provide us with your comments and thoughts. We look forward in seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Korean first
Yakima WA
Reviewed 13 September 2011

This is a clean, friendly hotel with great highway access from Interstate 5, without the I-5 noise. I use the hotel primarily for business in Olympia. The complimentary breakfast is what brings me back; usually scrambled eggs or pre-made cheese omelettes are available, with sausage links, patties or bacon. Not your usual "protein-free" continental breakfast, though they have that, too. Rolls, bagels, hot and cold cereal, self-help waffles, yogurt, and food-service-style bulk canned fruit is always available.

There is a high school a quarter-mile behind the hotel (to the north), so if there's an evening athletic event you can hear the cheering. Those events usually wrap up by 10 pm. Workout center is the standard convert-a-room, with 2 treadmills, a bike, and an elliptical or two. Swim pool and hot tub were clean and not foul-smelling. Hot tub was maybe 98 degrees.

Front desk staff has always been cheerful and helpful when I arrive, and they can recommend a good place to eat. There's a Casa Mia Italian place just a few hundred feet away that makes great pizza. Most other restaurants are within a 5-10 minute drive.

Room Tip: The hotel is far enough away from Interstate 5 that rooms on either side (north or south) are quiet...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for being a loyal repeat Ramada of Olympia guest. We DO appreciate your business and the kind comments! I am sure this will be very helpful for the fellow travelers. Please feel free to contact me personally when planning your next visit as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations. Kind regards!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Our experience at this hotel overall was bad. First of all, do not be fooled by the pro-shot photo, there's actually a grungy Shell station right in front of the hotel. Not across the street, right in front. Also, we received terrible service from the girl at the front desk, who basically told us that if we weren't happy with our room, we should take our business elsewhere. The staff were not helpful, and to boot, the hotel has not been updated since Ameritel originally opened the property in the early 2000's. We will not be back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Charlotte1416
olyramada, General Manager at Ramada Olympia, responded to this review, 1 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback as all feedback helps us improve our product and services. I would first like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Many of our reviews are applauding us for our outstanding customer service and I apologize that you feel we fell short in this case. I would like to extended the opportunity to discuss your stay with you further. We always appreciate the opportunity to resolve any issues that arise. Should you decide you would like to discuss your stay I am available at ----------. Thank you again for sharing your stay!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I stayed here at the Ramada in Olympia for just a night on my way to the Oregon coast.

The hotel is pretty well located just a few minutes away from the I5. Checkin was smooth and the front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful.

The rooms were standard fare - nothing special, but everything was clean and tidy. Breakfast, which was included in my rate, was good - eggs, sausage patties, various breads, waffles. Definitely enough to start my day off right!

Overall I have no complaints whatsoever with this hotel, and I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
olyramada, General Manager at Ramada Olympia, responded to this review, 22 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here at the Ramada of Olympia. We are in a great location just off the I-5 that makes it quick to get to around anywhere you may need to be in Olympia/Lacey area. We look forward in seeing your family on your next trip to Olympia.
Colorado
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I enjoyed my stay very much. It's clean, comfortable, breakfast was great and best of all, the staff are friendly and helpful!

Michael, at the front desk, went out of his way to be helpful. He even wrote down step by step directions to someplace I needed to find. Everyone I encountered there was very friendly and helpful.

And, yummy cookies are always a hit:-)

• Stayed August 2011
Thank you for taking time to let everyone know of your stay here at the Ramada of Olympia. I am pleased to hear that your stay was wonderful, and that service was excellent! We have a great staff that cares about our guests and as you saw it from Michael, it shines! We are also glad you took advantage of the yummy cookies we serve every evening at 5pm. We hope to see you again on your next stay!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 15 August 2011

A very well maintained property with an indoor pool and hot tub. The weight room is modern and well equipped. Our room was clean, and tastefully designed. The beds had comfy mattresses and lots of thick pillows. The bathroom had a high quality shower head. The large breakfast spread they offered included several hot items, including scrambled eggs and sausage patties. I can't think of anything negative to say about this place.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay. I am very happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our amenities which are open 24 hours. We do have a wide arrangement of breakfast items and are glad that you enjoyed them. We agree that The Ramada of Olympia is a great place to stay, and I hope you will make it back to visit us in the near future!
Thumps up for your review!
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Staff at check-in were very friendly and informative. Beautiful lobby. Appreciated free, no password Internet and 24 hour pool. Our room was large, nicely decorated and clean. Water pressure in the sink was dismal but shower was nice and they even provided hair conditioner! The towels however are pathetic. The chairs in the room were worn out and only one was provided for the table. Made it difficult to eat breakfast in our room!

Which reminds me, breakfast is a nice variety with fantastic fresh fruit. The hot eggs, gravy sausages were not so hot though more like luke warm.

• Stayed August 2011
We are happy that that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the kind comments about our property. As you can see we take great pride here in our hotel and service to our guests. We hope you will be able to visit us again in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olympia
Hampton Inn & Suites Olympia Lacey
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion
Hilton Garden Inn Olympia
The Governor Hotel, a Coast Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia
La Quinta Inn & Suites Olympia - Lacey

Been to Ramada Olympia? Share your experiences!