“Great stay”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Olympia
Santa Cruz, California
“Great stay”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Just got back from a stay at this hotel and would stay again. Comfortable and reasonably priced.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Ramada Olympia, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Thank you for the kind review. We are happy you had a great stay and we do look forwarding to seeing you at the Ramada of Olympia when you are back in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I flew to Seattle from Los Angeles for a family visit. At my request for a hotel to stay in, my daughter-in-law choose the Ramada for me. I think it was a good best choice. I stayed at the Ramada because it was centrally located to my family and restaurants as well as shopping. Every one at the hotel was helpful and friendly. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. Because of the Ramada, my stay in the Lacey area was fabulous.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank melaneqx4
olyramada, General Manager at Ramada Olympia, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback with the fellow travelers. We are so glad you were able to come to the Ramada of Olympia and experience our property and most importantly our team. Everyone makes a real effort for each of our guests to have a great time here and we always strive to go above and beyond with our customer service. We look forward to having you back on your next trip to beautiful Olympia.
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I lived in the area for many years and chose this place to stay when I went back for a visit. It is centrally located to East Olympia and Lacey, right off the I-5 corridor. The staff is incredibly cordial and helpful, the hotel is spotlessly clean and quiet. The rooms are spacious and well appoointed, with very comfortable beds. There are endless ammenities, including a "mini-mart" with food items including a nice selection of microwaveable dinners, fruit and so on, wi-fi, indoor pool, and workout facility. There is endless coffee in the lobby and a nice breakfast spread in the mornings. The value for this hotel is far superior to any along this stretch of freeway, and the accommodations are much nicer. I cannot say enough about this hotel. I highly recommend it!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank LeiMomiNV
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Ramada of Olympia. We are pleased to know that we met your expectations and that you would highly recommend us to the fellow travelers. I do agree that we have an incredible staff and I am happy you experienced this first hand. We all look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the area.
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 May 2012

What a delightful stay. I was so very impressed with both the decor, the staff and the overall atmosphere. As I checked in I asked impressed by delightful lady behind the desk (Lainey) she was polite, helpful and informative. As I checked in and saw the pool beyond the glass in the dining area I asked her what hours the pool was open imagine my delight when she told me it was open 24 hours a day!

And the breakfasts were beyond awesome. Usually when breakfast is included it includes the same fare every day cereal, pastries, coffee, juices, yogurt and maybe a waffle maker. But not here! They had three covered warming trays that had a different breakfast item each day. The items ranged from eggs with a bit of mexican flavor to them and bacon to biscuits and gravy.
The dining area was large and spacious and able to hold a lot of people comfortably. I even appreciated where they left the ffresh fruit out after breakfast was over so when we got done swimming in the pool we could grab a banana on our way to our room.

They had a very nice exercise facility, alot of options and they even had a recumbent bike which my exercise machine of choice.

The rooms were very spacious and the beds extremely comfortable. There was even a fridge and microwave in our room. I was also impressed with the fact that they had a laundry area on the premises so you could wash your clothes if you felt like. And a buisness area compete with printer if you needed to take care of business.

The free wireless was wonderful and I did not have any issue connecting and staying online, while not as fast as my cable service at home it did a pretty decent job of keeping up!

All in all I would say this is a great place to stay and well worth the extra compared to a comfort inn or super 8!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
olyramada, General Manager at Ramada Olympia, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Thank you very much for your detailed comments about your recent experience here at the Ramada in Olympia. I am pleased to hear that you had a great time with us. We will certainly share your feedback with the staff and in particular the employee that you mentioned by name. Once again thank you for staying with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Stopped in here late one evening on a recent road trip. We were tired and didn’t feel like driving around trying to find a hotel. I was so glad we stayed here. First was the service—on arrival the gal behind the front desk was helpful and happy to have our business. It was a special occasion for us and when the front desk clerk found this our she went out of her way, bending over backwards to make our stay special. The hotel lobby and halls were spotlessly clean, and the room was the same. It was also quiet, comfortable, and cozy. In the morning we had breakfast which was better than expected; the food was well laid out and fresh. Location was also excellent, within walking distance to Starbucks and other local restaurants. I didn’t use their pool or fitness facilities but it was nice to know they were open for 24 hours. We would absolutely stay here again, and we will tell everyone heading your way to do the same. I hope we can come back soon…

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
olyramada, General Manager at Ramada Olympia, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are humbled by such kind remarks and delighted that you have recommended us so highly. We were especially pleased to learn that you appreciated our efforts to personalize your stay. It is our hope you will have an opportunity to use the pool and fitness center on your next stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Mill Creek, Washington
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This hotel impressed me. It was newer, clean, great pool with hot tub, nice breakfast and hubby and I especially enjoyed the cookies left out nightly. This hotel is located right off I-5 and convenient to everything we needed to get to. Lots of restaurants around (however, avoid Shari's- I think I had a bug in my omelet that I ordered!). The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was nice. My husband noticed the window sill had water on the inside of it (we went during Feb. 2012- so still cold outside). The water didn't go away during the day, so this may be a concern for the hotel. Parking was convenient and staff was pleasant to work with. Great stay, would definitely stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Choose a room on an upper floor to avoid noise from those above you. (We never had an issue)
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karyn_D680
olyramada, General Manager at Ramada Olympia, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write your review – I’m delighted that you and your husband enjoyed all the amenities the Ramada has to offer. We look forward to seeing you both back on your next stay in Olympia!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I've had to stay here twice in the past three weeks for work purposes, and I think I'll look elsewhere next time.
Nothing went wrong, the first check in was smooth enough, the next trip the woman tending to the counter was a little frazzled. The lobby is large and clean with plenty of comfortable seats and the cookies in the evening were a nice touch.
Where I wasn't terribly impressed was the room. It's fairly large, but in an odd and unfilled sort of a way. The bed was okay, but the linens were just alright and the towels in the bathroom were frayed and thin. The carpet is a shocking blood red, I never quite understood why that became an acceptable color for hotel carpet. The TV is super old and sits in an armoire, on a stand that doesn't swivel. It's so old, that when you change channels, the picture moves upwards and then the image settles in. All and all, there wasn't anything the staff did to make it unpleasant, it's just that the room, bed, linens, tv, etc were terribly outdated and there are better places to stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
olyramada, General Manager at Ramada Olympia, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. Although we are currently in the process of upgrading our televisions to flat screen TV’s it has taken longer than expected. It is our hope that you will give us another chance, and stay with us again. If you should have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olympia
Hampton Inn & Suites Olympia Lacey
Hilton Garden Inn Olympia
Hotel RL Olympia by Red Lion
The Governor Hotel, a Coast Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia
La Quinta Inn & Suites Olympia - Lacey

Been to Ramada Olympia? Share your experiences!