“Great attention to details”
Review of Sushi House

Sushi House
Ranked #53 of 349 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Cosmopolis, Washington
“Great attention to details”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stopped in for my wife's b-day and had the best time. Was surprised how attentive the waitress was considering how many people were pouring in. Sashimi was fresh however, if you serve salmon "serve wild salmon" I cringe whenever I get farm raised. Didn't have choice lunch special (sashimi picked by chef) yellow fin was very nice.

• Visited May 2014

Olympia
“Great food, inconsistent service”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The sushi and all parts of the bento box were great, and the veggie udon noodle stir-fry the best I've ever had. We go here once or twice a month, and the food is always good, but the service is sometimes not as organized as it could be. Servers are always very friendly, but sometimes they bring things in the wrong order -- last time had to be reminded of miso soup and salad, which we ended up having last, which was OK. I will forgive the occasional service lapse because the sushi is as good as we can get in Hawaii or at fancier places.

Visited April 2014
Washington
“Yummy”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

I've been coming here for about a year and the food is delicious and fresh! You might have to wait a bit for the sushi but it's worth it

• Visited March 2014
ocean shores
“The sushi report -pros and cons”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We don't get to Oly that often and wanted a nice dinner out. So many nice choices but went sushi because it is one of those things city life offers you just can't find elsewhere. This place had mixed reviews that were pushed towards positive by a person we felt knew her sushi. We are self appointed sushi snobs and have somewhat high expectations. Overall...very good...read on...
Pros - The atmosphere was cute and a little trendy. The location is very convenient (especially for those traveling or passing through). The choices on the menu were staggering and the presentation was very nice. We had the golden California roll and the sex on the beach roll. Two very unique combo type rolls that came to us fast and they were delish. Both had a nice balance of flavors and textures. We sat ranking this place against all the other sushi restaurants we have tried. In Oly...this ranks 1 or 2. Our service was pleasant and attentive and we had an overall nice time.
Cons- This place would rank 1 or 2 while in Oly...but I still harken to some of the other sushi places we have been in the greater area and this place would still rank high but behind more than a few others...why you ask. I look for that "over the top" WOW!" moments with sushi...this didn't have it. Could be due to anything but I'm just saying...we will try a few more out before returning not because it wasn't good, but it wasn't something "special". The price points were OK but don't look for a value here...I thought that we got a nice meal for the two of us with a price tag of around $30-35. The atmosphere was trendy so if you are looking for romantic/private...not so much.
Bottom line _ A nice place to get good sushi. If you are a self appointed sushi snob like us you have to try it and make up your own mind...

• Visited January 2014
Olympia, Washington
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Ate here for dinner tonight and although they were busy, they found us a seat a the bar right away. However, from that point on it went down hill. Our waitress took forever to bring us menu's and drinks. The didn't have a full bar and I really wanted a martini. We actually got our food pretty quickly for how busy they were. The sushi was disappointing in flavor. It was either too salty even with no soy sauce, no flavor at all, or tasted really fishy and like it was old. I paid $11.95 for one of the rolls and it was gross. I actually felt sick after I ate. Our waitress took forever to give us our checks and then told us "go up front and pay". Maybe she was having a bad day, but she was really bad at her job. Overall, it was not a good experience and I won't be going back.

• Visited September 2013