“Good Reuben”

Add it.
Kitzel's Crazy Delicious Delicatessen
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I had good things about this new deli and decided to give it a try. First thing I noticed was it has more of a funky Olympia feel than a New York deli atmosphere. The reuben had a different taste than what I've had elsewhere, but it was very good.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

My first visit to the new Jewish deli Oly which ain't so new anymore was for breakfast. The place was staffed by a super nice bunch of ladies (owners?) who were happy to answer any questions. My breakfast included a healthy-sized omelette with great fillers, including locally smoked pastrami, some homefries and of decent cup of local coffee. i was stuffed, the atmosphere was cool, and looking at the things other people were eating plus taking a look at the lunch menu, I know I'll be back. My only gripe was that when my coffee was empty I had to go back to the counter and stand in line to get a refill. The coffee carafe should be self service or refills more readily available. But hey, that's hardly worth kvetching about. Breakfast and coffee without tip, about ten bucks or so, which is about the going rate in town.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

There is no better soup than Matzo (or Matzah) Ball Soup; until you have a disappointing bowl at Kitzel's. I was so sad! It was cold on top of everything else wrong. Wonderful atmosphere; great service. My husband did not like anything about his sandwich; but the salt pickle was good. Some places have wonderful bakers; this is a place to enjoy dessert!

Reviewed 23 May 2012

Tuna melt is super yummy on most days! The atmosphere is great. I love the people that work here. A little pricey and they need to perhaps expand their menu but they are new to open and they are really aware of what people like and want. I hope this place sticks around.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Probably the only kosher place in Olympia. This is a huge deli popular with everyone. In fact, they usually run out of things long before the day is over. If you are from a big city and long for some good corned beef this is the place. Service ranges from usually nice to really nasty. I sometimes wonder if they knew what they were getting themselves into. Like I said, just like the big city.