“Great Downtown Lunch Spot”

5th Avenue Sandwich Shop
Ranked #1 of 354 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 February 2012

My 4 year old grandson and I were having fun downtown Olympia and stopped at the 5th Avenue Sandwich Shop for lunch. This was our first visit and we were very pleased. The restaurant is quaint with country-style decor. My grandson specially liked the model trains on the walls. The place is narrow, not too big, and can be a bit dark in the back. But if you want sunlight, there are tables up front. The food was very good. I had the 1/2 sandwich and soup. The sandwich was generous and came with pickles and chips. The soup was the only disappointment. It was a cheese soup that literally tasted like melted Velvetta. My grandson's grilled cheese sandwich was big and came with pickles and applesauce. His meal was very, very inexpensive. Service was perfect. We had a very personable young man who was super. The young woman at the register was also very sweet. In fact when we mentioned that it was our first time there, she gave us each a big and delicious chocolate chip cookie! Can't beat that. Well, maybe you can. The dessert case had some yummy looking items. But that will have to wait until next time we stop by.

Been to 5th Avenue Sandwich Shop? Share your experiences!