“Average food. Really slow. I mean really.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Paprika Cafe and Catering - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Paprika Cafe and Catering
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Come in for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert! Our menu consists of both sweet and savory crepes, heavenly soups, delicious salads, as well as shakes and smoothies. Gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan options are available!
Olympia, WA
“Average food. Really slow. I mean really.”
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

We ordered a savory crepe, a sweet crepe and two sides of scrambled eggs on a Sunday. There were four other tables occupied, all having the brunch. Our eggs were under seasoned and a little dry and came out with the apple Brie prosciutto crepe. It took a long time and the filling was good but there wasn't much of it. As soon as our plates were cleared the waitress said she'd make the apple whipped cream crepe. It also took a long time. And the crepe wasn't very warm. The coffee was good. Our breakfast was a little less expensive than ordering brunch, but in hindsight, it seems preparing food for the brunch table was a higher priority for the kitchen.

People who had the brunch told the server it was great, so maybe that's the way to go.

Our servers were friendly and fairly attentive.

• Visited July 2013

Pacific Grove, California
“Small, pretty tasty”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

The menu sounded great! The food, well, the items weren't well distributed and the portion was a bit small for the price. The cook came out and he was totally uninspired... I think his blah mood came out in the food.

Visited June 2013
Lacey, Washington
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

As another reviewer said, I really wanted to like this place. I love savory crepes and was so excited to have a new breakfast spot in Olympia. Luckily, Olympia already has a couple of excellent breakfast cafes because this place was disappointing from start to finish. Although the café was almost empty it took ages for us to get service. The bottomless coffee came with a 1/2 cup refill...which was really OK because the coffee wasn't good and was full of grounds. The crepes, when we finally got them, were bland and cold. I ordered a plain crepe for my niece and was told I needed to select berries or nutella or something to go with it and was then charged $1.50 for the "extras." Apparently the service was poor because the staff were preoccupied with preparing the Sunday brunch which we didn't know about but, but would have happily waited for if we had been informed of it's existence. The best thing about this café is that it smells wonderful...if only the food were as good.

• Visited June 2013
“So hopeful that it would be good.”
Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

We were so excited when we saw they had Gluten Free options, we couldn't wait to try it.
Well the min we walked in I was not impressed. We were the only table in there and it took forever to get served. Our soup was cold, and not very good at all, in fact my husbands was so spicy he couldn't even eat it. However they still charged us for it.
Crepes' were cold and blah nothing special at all. In fact it was a good 5 min from mine being served to me and my husband getting his.
We won't be back, very disappointed.
Atmosphere was lacking any charm, It felt like we were eating in a shelter not a restaurant. Dirty feel to it.
Good luck to them maybe it was just them trying to sort out all the bugs being that they are new.

Olympia
“Just not that great. Bummed - Oly needs good crepes!”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I really, really, really wanted to like this place. After all I love riding my bike or walking downtown with a friend to find our next best eatery. When I saw the sign "crepes" outside of this place I got all excited since Oly doesnt boast any other crepe places that I am aware of.

My friend and I got to the restaurant around 1210. There was one other table there. The waiter was very nice but completely ineffective. It took several minutes to bring me coffee after I asked for some and again there was only one other table. I only got one more refill after that and that was after I tracked him down and asked for one. The coffee is not cheap and the cups are tiny. So refills are quite probably and I would guess they know that. . It took awhile to get water too. And even longer to get him to make eye contact with us so he would take our order.

I had the brie, apple, proscuitto, and green onion crepe. Problem - no green onions in or on the crepe. Apples were soggy and actually tasted and looked like they might have come out of an apple pie filling can. BLECH. The crepe was just not that good and actually was quite boring. My friend enjoyed her chicken pesto crepe. I saw a delicious looking salad at a table near ours. Kinda wished I would have had that instead but we really wanted to try the crepes.

We asked to split some hashbrowns but the server forgot to bring them. I had to get up and track him down again and ask for them. He did apologize and comped them but when he brought them out I was surprised to see such a small portion of what was obviously reheated hashbrowns (possibly from the earlier breakfast/brunch buffet they were tearing down when we got there), I would have been pissed if I had to pay for them honestly.

The inside of this place is just basic cute downtown Oly eatery. Nothing fancy. but clean.

The problem is, if your main dish that you want people to remember you for (Crepes) are forgettable, I just dont know if this place will make it.

Not to mention totally subpar service, even for Oly standards. The waiter was nice but incompetent, slow, and scattered. The place was not even busy. I am not sure what the issue was.

Bottom line. Meh.Not sure I will be back.

• Visited September 2012