“I've Had Better, and I've Had Worse.”
Review of Emperor's Palace

Emperor's Palace
Ranked #262 of 360 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This is a great restaurant for seniors! My grandmother loves to eat here: generous portions and they will wrap-up leftovers to take home. The tea seems bottomless and the salt-water aquarium is a winner for little kids (We used to take my children, when they were younger, there just so they could see the fish.)

All of that said, the food is okay. The kitchen is very heavy-handed with the thick sauces and almost everything is pretty greasy and full of MSG.

This is a great place for a group of 4-8 people-they have very generous seating.

1  Thank Monkeymind425

Reviewed 13 October 2013

The Emperor's Palace has been around in Lacey and Olympia locations for years. It is a South Sound institution and has likely survived due to lack of competition. The service is consistently good, whether you go for lunch or dinner. The food is reasonably priced. There are lots of deep fried, high-carb, and high sodium foods. It tastes like lots of MSG and sodium in most of the food cooked here, especially the soups (which are good, just salty). The sweet and sour pork is very tasty, as is the Mongolian Beef. I have only been in the bar in the Olympia location and it was seedy, dark, and smelled musty. There is nothing special about this place, but it will hit the spot if you are craving Chinese food and can afford the calories.

1  Thank Tundra74
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

I ordered from here as they are very close by and deliver. Upon making the order they said it would take 45 minutes - 1 hour.

40 minutes later the food arrived. We got the General Tso chicken (#11) with an egg roll.

Spending 20.00 on just the one meal you would expect to have a good amount of food, but there was barely anything in there.

What was there was very bland, the egg roll was a standard "frozen" egg roll, after one bite of the pork fried rice we left it alone and the chicken had no flavour. It was nasty.

We will never order from here again as it was over-priced and disgusting.

Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

Nothing exceptional, but your usual basics as far as Chinese dishes go. I find the food not to be all that fresh as if it's been made up in batches (definitely the soup is!), a tad greasy and definitely lots of sodium/msg?

When you're in the mood for Chinese cuisine this will fulfill your need. Since they have no competition in the Olympia area for "Chinese", go for it!

Reviewed 1 May 2013

I took my daughter in law to lunch here on a wing and a prayer and was very pleasantly surprised. The staff was very nice and the establishment was spotless with an easy to relax in atmosphere. I am sure we will try this restaurant again in the future when in the area again.

Been to Emperor's Palace? Share your experiences!