“Lunch at Anthony's Home Port, Olympia”

Anthony's Homeport Olympia
Ranked #10 of 351 Restaurants in Olympia
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Tukwila, Washington
“Lunch at Anthony's Home Port, Olympia”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Three of us ordered cod and chips for lunch. Looking at the menu, I thought 3 pieces of fish would be too much for me for lunch. Not so.....the fish pieces were like fingers, the fish was not particularly tasty and was way too greasy. At least it was not overcooked. The fries were also not in abundance and just warm when served. It was definitely not worth the $13.95 price tag. Perhaps being on a Monday made some kind of difference, but this was not like my long-ago remembrance of Anthony's quality. All three of us shared this opinion, by the way.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Sharay4433

Fort Lewis, Washington
“Another great Olympian restaurant”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

One cannot go wrong choosing a Anthony's restaurant. Any item you order will be a great meal. Enjoy the outdoors in good weather and share good times with others at this fine establishment.

Visited December 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Good Spot for Lunch”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stopped here driving from Seattle to Cannon Beach, OR. Very good spot just a few miles off the interstate to grab some lunch on the water. I had the clam chowder in a bread bowl, and my wife had the fish tacos. Great lunch on the water and then back on the road.

• Visited September 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Great View, Food, and Service”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

It's a seafood place so I had the pan fried oysters. They were excellent. My date had halibut, which he said was perfectly prepared and delicious.

• Visited August 2013
Hoodsport, Washington
“Above Average but close to a 3.”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

The first time we went to Anthony's I wanted to rate it only a 2 but decided to give it a second chance. Sent an email that was responded to right away offering to provide a gift certificate for 4 more meals. Decided to hold off on review until the second meal. The first encounter was far from wonderful. From poor service to below average meals (order of the daily specials) which reminded me of college food. The second time around we did not order the daily specials and was surprised by the upgraded quality in food and service.

Most the group order steak and prawns while I order the scallops. All 4 meals were above average. Even the salads were very good. The only issue I had was they brought the main courses before they cleared the plates from the salads. An issue when you are seated at a nice restaurant. Not sure how this place gets "5" on the reviews. It is good but not excellent.

Again with tip the bill was over $200.00 which included several drinks for each one of us. To answer the question I always ask myself, "would I go back". Most likely only if I was invited.

• Visited August 2013