“Service wonderful; food not-so-good”

Anthony's Homeport Olympia
Reserve with OpenTable
Anthony's Homeport Olympia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 360 Restaurants in Olympia
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2014

So, it's my birthday. We visited this restaurant tonight because they emailed me a $20 certificate for my birthday. Very nice and much appreciated. My husband ordered seafood fettuccine and it looked really good--lots of seafood (shrimp, scallops, etc.) and that definitely makes the dish. I ordered "pan fried Olympia oysters". There were plenty, but to my surprise, fried in a batter and much over-cooked. Not good. Our gracious waitress removed them from the table and asked what my second dinner choice would have been. Alaskan pan seared scallops. So, after a small wait, she brings a new dinner: Scallops, beans and rice. The scallops were SO burnt and over-cooked, I still have trouble getting past that taste. She notices I'm not eating, offers to bring me new scallops. I decline. She brings them anyway. OK. Much better, but now eating is not something I want to do. Bottom line: The waitress was very helpful and accommodating. She did not charge us for the oysters or the scallops. Nice, but I'll never return to that restaurant. So disappointed in their cook staff. The food was extremely disappointing and a waste of time for me......

Reviewed 29 May 2014

this place is not like the other anthonys we have visited in the past. the food is greasy and has a feel of confusion surrounding the restaurant. too many waiters bothering us for refills when they can clearly see are glasses are full, bringing food to us one meal at a time. just felt rushed to eat and get out. we did try it another time when it was nicer and sat outside. the view is great but we were all but forgotten. we wont go back.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Well, the title says it all. The food at Anthony's is always good but we generally only go if friends pick the restaurant. The service always seems rushed and the dining room is too loud. It is difficult to relax and have a normal conversation let alone any intimacy.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We eat here regularly and it is always very good! Went here for Mothers day and our reservations were honored with less than 5 min. wait. Service was excellent, food was all very good and the view of the inlet is spectatular. Prices are reasonable for a upscale restaurant. I usually bring my own wine and pay a $10 cork fee.
The only minor complaint I have with this restaurant is it gets a bit noisy when they are busy.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

If you want consistently good seafood, you won't go wrong with Anthony's. And the non-seafood items are also good. You will not get anything particularly new or innovative, but chances are you will also never send the food back or swear never to return. If you are looking for the equivalent of comfort food from the sea, served in comfortable surroundings, by staff who will make you feel at home, this is the place. The food won't knock your socks off, you will leave satisfied. Now, If you are looking for more "daring-do," go next door to Dockside.