“Amazing Staff & Great Food”
Review of New Moon Cafe

New Moon Cafe
Ranked #25 of 353 Restaurants in Olympia
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My buddy and I strolled into the New Moon Cafe 10 minutes after it closed on a Saturday afternoon.
We were apologetic and were going to leave, but the waiter insisted we stay. She was exuberant about the menu and the specials and her energy was inviting.
My friend ordered the special with mushroom gravy and I went for the Chevre Omelette Phantom Style (spinach, red onions, tomato, bacon, and goat cheese) with hollandaise sauce.

The waiter had to come back and break the news that they were out of mushroom gravy, but if she wasn't just darling doing it. I have never been so happy to be told a cafe was out of something. The service was amazing because of the buoyant attitudes from everyone.

The food was amazing because I think angels or pixies come and sprinkle glitter of goodness on everything. The Chevre omelette was fresh and fluffy, the hollandaise was perfect- even with them closing the hollandaise was perfect: smooth and creamy, not separated or gelatinous. My buddy chose an Evergreen scramble (spinach, broccoli, zucchini, peppers, roasted garlic, and feta) and I admit- I had a little Evergreen envy happening. It was delicious.

My buddy and I waited tables for years and we were duly impressed with the staff, the food, and the fact they were so inviting when they were actually trying to close up.
I will return again and again to the New Moon Cafe. The staff own the place, so you are supporting local folks who are committed to their town, the food is amazing, and you cannot beat the service.

Just don't be jerks like us and pay attention to the hours:)

Reviewed 15 October 2013

My wife and I noticed this place as we were searching for a café for breakfast (which seems like a recurring theme here). We noticed that they were fairly busy with only two or three open tables remaining, and took this to be a good sign.
This is a rather small restaurant but they seat more than I would have thought that they could. The décor is typical Olympia Urban, and the wait staff was very friendly and attentive.
My wife had the Moon breakfast sandwich with Bacon, and I had the Big Mama. We also split a short stack.
We both found our meals to be very good (especially the bacon, it had a great flavor!) and our waitress kept the coffee cups filled.
All in all, we were very happy with New Moon and will keep it in mind whenever we're in the downtown area for breakfast or lunch.
We both thought that there prices were very reasonable and that they served good sized portions.
I'll be recommending this place to our friends.

1  Thank Ed H
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Great place for breakfast and lunch. Very friendly staff. Delicious food! Wished we were staying in Olympia longer - just so we could have tried more dishes on the menu.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

What a wonderful little restaurant in downtown Olympia! We stumbled upon it and had the most delicious breakfast for lunch. It's places like this that make an American city special - no big box restaurants for us!

1  Thank fricknfrack
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Went there last month on a whim. We ordered breakfast and halfway through my girlfriend found a hair.hmm, she moved that small protion aside and was maybe going to eat a different portion when low and behold...another hair! the wait staff told us it hadn't happened in awhile and proceeded to give us our bill for the full amount for the meal...we reluctantly paid and left, never to return