“Good American Breakfast / Lunch Place”
Review of New Moon Cafe

New Moon Cafe
Ranked #26 of 360 Restaurants in Olympia
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Unpretentious, low key, good service, good food, unusually good coffee, normal and reasonable prices. The place is nothing fancy, just a straightforward breakfast / lunch place offering simple and good home-cooked food. The people are polite and get on with the job without a big attitude.

This place is vastly better than Darby's where you are guaranteed lots of attitude and off-the-scale weirdness.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

This friendly co-op restaurant has a comfortable hippie vibe without being at all exclusive to more mainstream clientele - like me. Great inexpensive and wholesome breakfasts: oatmeal with fresh fruit, eggs and yummy potatoes, good coffee. The staff may not be completely polished pros, but they're cheerful and eager to help. All in all, a very pleasant place to start your day.

2  Thank sundogg99
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I was on an extremely restrictive diet when I decided to have breakfast at New Moon Cafe. The staff was helpful and very understanding and I had an amazing breakfast.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

My husband and I stopped in for breakfast on our way to Seattle for Seahawks game because of the reviews/rating from here. The place is very small and cold. The heat kicks on occationally but you still never get to 'take your jacket off' warmth. I ordered french toast and a side of hashbrowns, my husband the carne ommlette breakfast. Half my french toast was burnt and dry, absolutely nothing good about that, and the hashbrowns were a weird sort of mix between mashed and shredded...had a mushyness to them that I didn't like. My husband liked his ommlette but didn't like the weird hashbrowns either and his toast was more like dried bread than toasted. Then I went to the bathroom through the kitchen and around the loaves of bread that had fallen into the middle of the dirty floor and was horrified at the gross bathroom. Yuck! Would not eat here again.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

My buddy and I strolled into the New Moon Cafe 10 minutes after it closed on a Saturday afternoon.
We were apologetic and were going to leave, but the waiter insisted we stay. She was exuberant about the menu and the specials and her energy was inviting.
My friend ordered the special with mushroom gravy and I went for the Chevre Omelette Phantom Style (spinach, red onions, tomato, bacon, and goat cheese) with hollandaise sauce.

The waiter had to come back and break the news that they were out of mushroom gravy, but if she wasn't just darling doing it. I have never been so happy to be told a cafe was out of something. The service was amazing because of the buoyant attitudes from everyone.

The food was amazing because I think angels or pixies come and sprinkle glitter of goodness on everything. The Chevre omelette was fresh and fluffy, the hollandaise was perfect- even with them closing the hollandaise was perfect: smooth and creamy, not separated or gelatinous. My buddy chose an Evergreen scramble (spinach, broccoli, zucchini, peppers, roasted garlic, and feta) and I admit- I had a little Evergreen envy happening. It was delicious.

My buddy and I waited tables for years and we were duly impressed with the staff, the food, and the fact they were so inviting when they were actually trying to close up.
I will return again and again to the New Moon Cafe. The staff own the place, so you are supporting local folks who are committed to their town, the food is amazing, and you cannot beat the service.

Just don't be jerks like us and pay attention to the hours:)

Been to New Moon Cafe? Share your experiences!