“Great BBQ”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I ordered the brisket sandwich and the BBQ sauce was very good I also ordered the Mac & cheese very enjoyable, my wife ordered the PLTA pancetta, lettuce, tomato and avocado, which she really enjoyed and mentioned that the avocado was fresh and flavorful. She also had the tomato/basil soup and it was some of the best tomato soup I have ever had. I think we might go back just for the soup. While we were there the table next to us ordered a pizza, and the smell was heavenly. Can I eat pizza and tomato soup in the same meal?!?!?!

Great quick service we WILL be returning.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Wife had the French dip and I had the brisket/corned beef sandwich and both were excellent. The waitress was friendly, efficient and attentive to our service. Always enjoy the atmosphere in the bar area.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

The burgers and pizza are favorites of mine. Service is great, the food unique and tasty, the value average. While the atmosphere can be loud, it never seemed to bother me.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

This was one of the worst restaurants we've tried in Olympia. We ordered the Jack's sampler which consisted of a fairly burnt tri-tip steak, fat laden (and I mean almost fully fat) piece of pork shoulder, and some bone dry chicken. I also had the sweet potato mash which had the consistency of warmed up baby food. The bread that they brought us at the beginning of our service was stale, and the blue-cheese salad dressing had a very off-putting after taste.

To add insult to injury, our waitress was one of the snobbiest people I've had to deal with in a long time. She rarely smiled and avoided our table like the plague. I received one drink refill (after waving her over), and we were never asked about our food.

For a 60 dollar meal, I'd expect a whole lot more.

1  Thank tikishark
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Lowering the quality of food served and then charging higher prices is never a path to greatness in the restaurant business. Add in lack of proper management and you have a recipe for failure.

1  Thank divaticklebottom