“Wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Budd Bay Cafe

Budd Bay Cafe
Ranked #5 of 344 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, View, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sedona, AZ
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

It was an overnight stop between Vancouver BC and the Oregon coast on week 5 of our 7 week road trip. We were staying at the local LaQuinta and I had found a nearby pub on the Internet that looked adequate. On our way out to the car I asked the desk clerk to confirm my dinner choice. She told us it was OK but that she thought we'd like Budd Bay Cafe better. Why argue?
It wasn't far and it was easy to find. We opted for an outdoor table overlooking the marina. We had been advised to try the crab and cheese appetizer. It was so good! I ordered the Cajun Calamari salad and MRP opted for the chicken Parmesan. Both dishes were beyond expectations and very reasonably priced. As we approached our 6th week on the road we both agreed that this was one of the best meals we had had during he whole trip.
The beautiful setting didn't hurt either. We were both snapping photos of each other and the surroundings with the sunset in the blue sky, the boats in the water and the colorful flowers near our table. Out of the thousands of pictures we took on this journey, one of the photos of my wife at Budd Bay Cafe is now her current FB profile photo.

• Visited July 2013

Tucson, Arizona
“Sick As a Dog”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

On 8/2/13 at 5:30pm, I ordered the almond Cod. It was a bit off tasting but I ate it. Within about 6 hours, I was throwing up, very sick most of next day. The staff that waited on me was a young thick gentleman, average service, but the food was nothing special. My husband had salmon which he said was just ok. Would not go there again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cindy T
OLYMPIA
“Very good seafood at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

The prices on the salmon were about $14 per person, and it was some of the best fresh salmon I have had in a long time. The cafe overlooks the Puget Sound at the pier, and has very friendly wait staff and great food. We have gone there on a couple of occasions for lunch as a group. Their clam chowder is also GREAT!

1 Thank MEAGAN R
Tacoma, Washington
“Great Food & Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

went to Budd Bay not knowing what to expect but i wanted a good steak that night. i had the prime rib and clam chowder. my wife had the salmon and a salad. the rib was cooked exactly how i like it, the chowder was great, even had clams in it, my wife had 5 choices of how to have her salmon. tough choice but it was fantastic. For the location and the views and the food, you cant go wrong here. will definitly be back.

New Haven, Connecticut
“Go for the view & brew, not for the food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

There is a highly rated restaurant next door, but they didn't have outdoor seating open, so we came next door to The Budd Bay and were seated outside, overlooking the marina. Service was prompt. I ordered one kind of beer, my wife another. Our waitress brought us two of the same kind of beer,and when I asked if they were different, she insisted they were. Not an offer to check, or an agreement that they looked exactly the same...
Wife and I both ordered salmon for dinner... served over rice with steamed carrots... thoroughly middle-of-the-road... not bad, not good, but it had been a long day of traveling and it was perfectly sufficient.
Nice view, decent service (except for that beer thing, and I was too tired to argue.)
Wouldn't go again.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank david M

Been to Budd Bay Cafe? Share your experiences!