“It's all about details...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Olympia
The Inn at Mallard Cove
Ranked #1 of 8 Olympia B&B and Inns
Orting, Washington
“It's all about details...”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I chose this B&B because of the fact that each room has a jetted tub but we got so much more!! The rooms are comfortable and VERY clean. I usually never sleep well someplace the first night but the bed was so comfortable and it was so quiet I slept so well. The water is HOT and the owners spared no detail with his and hers plush robes. Every time I turned around I noticed the little details that really made our experience wonderful. From the initial tour of the home, to fresh baked cookies and hot cocoa or tea in the evening, to coffee service brought to our room on a silver tray in the morning, to a gourmet breakfast, to glass door knobs and authentic Tudor revival architecture. It really is all about the details at the Inn at Mallard Cove!! This B&B is filled with antiques and we really felt at home there with it's warm and inviting atmosphere. We enjoyed the many radios set to the classical music station...another detail!! Don & Linda are amazing and really make you feel welcome. I will recommend this B&B to everyone I know!! We can't wait to go back and experience a different season at The Inn...we've been promised a kayak tour next time!! We will be back as soon as possible!!

Room Tip: 3 room choices...all are beautiful but if you have the money and it's available go for the Malla...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Britta A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 4 December 2013

"My daughter recently moved to Olympia, Washington so my husband and I decided to pay her a visit last month. We thought we'd treat ourselves to a nice B&B and, because of the reviews here and elsewhere, we chose The Inn at Mallard Cove.

Even prepared with the glowing reviews, I was astonished by the beauty of the house (and its location), the hospitality of the hosts, the awesomeness of the breakfasts and the attention do detail in every single thing about the Inn at Mallard Cove.

Don and Linda are simply wonderful hosts. Don is vivaciously friendly and is knowledgeable about almost anything you ask him — especially if it involves the inn or the area. Linda is more reserved, but also very friendly. She, as Don put it several times, is the “brains” behind the operation and it is her attention to detail that makes your stay go smoothly. She is also an amazing cook. Our breakfasts were so delicious and filling that I could have easily waited for dinner before I ate anything more.

On Friday Don took my husband and daughter kayaking on Puget Sound into the Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge. I've never kayaked and didn't want to start kayaking in 30-something degree weather. They had a wonderful time and claim they didn't even notice the cold.

I have stayed at dozens of bed and breakfasts in the US and in Europe, but I must say that the Inn at Mallard Cove may very well be the best B&B at which I have had the pleasure to stay.

Because my daughter is likely to make Olympia her permanent home -- at least for the next few years, I am sure we will be back to the area. Without a doubt we'll stay at the Inn at Mallard Cove again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Garden Room which was quite lovely. Next time we will probably stay in the Olympic...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed 21 November 2013

A serene setting and exquisite accommodations. Everything was literally perfect outside and inside. Don and Linda are graceful, friendly and very accommodating. I highly recommend for the experience and value.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My wife and I spent an evening at The Inn at Mallard Cove. Don and Linda are exemplary hosts! They are attentive on every level -- socially, gastronomically, and to the many details of keeping a lovely home in perfect condition. We hope to join them again very soon (maybe even later this week on our way back home!). We highly recommend that you stay there -- you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Olympic room, and it was perfect. For a bit more money, we saw the deluxe room an...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Usually, we find cities that interest us and then find someplace nearby to stay. With his one, you reverse the process: this is your destination, and the rest of Olympia is a side trip. Linda is an excellent cook, Don is a great host, and the view and location are peaceful, beautiful, magnificent. It doesn't hurt that the place is extremely well-maintained; I don't know how they do it, but they do. One of America's great inns.

Room Tip: Ask for a second-floor room with a view of the sound. (There are only a few rooms.)k
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jkim
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This was only our second visit to a B&B and we're convinced this is the way to travel. From the time you're greeted in the front garden to the time you leave the Inn you are pampered. The noise of the world leaves you on your drive to the Inn. The house is elegant and inviting. The setting is quiet and serene. The room we had looked out over the Sound. I spent a lovely evening reading in the Conservatory which also looked over the Sound. The first morning as we were having coffee in the living room we looked out to see a Doe and twin fawns on the front lawn stealing some wild berries. Don and Linda are great; they can tell you where to eat and what shops are worth visiting. Both Linda and Don are incredibly kind and caring. Don is a great storyteller and Linda is a great cook, quite a combination. We will definitely visit again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jean A
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 3 September 2013

What a beautiful B&B, in a great location, with fabulous hosts! We enjoyed our brief stay at this comfortable Inn and will definitely return when we re-visit the Seattle area. Don and Linda are gracious hosts, breakfast was FANTASTIC, and suggestions on what to do in the area were most helpful. Be sure to take the recommended walk and visit the beach for sunrise, it is amazing! Also, this is the only place we have ever stayed where a service discount was offered for those who are nurses. What a unique, thoughtful and appreciated idea! Don also not only provided a great recommendation of our next place to stay after we went to the Dave Matthews concert at The Gorge, he helped make the arrangements! Where else do you find that level of service? Kudos to Don and Linda for a first-rate Inn experience! Next time we visit - - we're Inn!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple